Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all the parts in my signature and i took my car completely apart to install them but I havent installed anything yet. I have just come into some money and I want to upgrade internals while im at it so I figured I would buy a short block engine with all forged internals so I know it can hold up to the power. Another thing is that I might be able to afford a supercharger now with the money I have and I was wondering if all these parts (I know the fuel parts will have to be changed) will be able to be used on a 5.8. And I also was wondering if anyone could tell me the advantages and disadvantages of going with the 5.8. Thanx in advance

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
you cant use the intake, because 351's are wider than the 302. I doubt that the cam will work either, but Im not sure. The heads will I think, but Im not sure. I would stick with the 5.0L, because of the compatability issues...

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, thanx a lot. Thats what I was wondering. Plus Im sure that a 5.0 with all forged internals will do fine as far as holding up. Thanx a lot though.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
The 351W would require a different flywheel, harmonic balancer, lower intake(and maybe a few associated parts), headers, and the oil pan. The heads and cam would work, but might not be optomizing the added cubes.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool, thanx a lot, I think I have decided to go with a 347 stroker short block form CHP. I'm not 100% sure yet but thats what im leaning towards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.