Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a yellow 05 mustang that is stickshift today and I was wondering whether it is best to learn on that car or to learn on something else. Please give me some advice ASAP!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
CrzyHorse said:
I just got a yellow 05 mustang that is stickshift today and I was wondering whether it is best to learn on that car or to learn on something else. Please give me some advice ASAP!
The best vehicle to learn on is a dirt bike, 80-100cc. 2nd best is a truck or jeep. Someone else asked about how to learn to shift. If you look up the thread in the archives, you should find it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No, don't learn on a truck. You shift at different RPMs on a truck than a car. I learned on a truck got my 'Stang (first stick car) and it wasn't as easy as I thought. But, you could try learning on a truck that tells you when to shift... I don't know but I'd say learn on ur 'Stang! Find someone to help you 'cause you might have a few problems when you first start out.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
lilmiss_stang94 said:
No, don't learn on a truck. You shift at different RPMs on a truck than a car. I learned on a truck got my 'Stang (first stick car) and it wasn't as easy as I thought. But, you could try learning on a truck that tells you when to shift... I don't know but I'd say learn on ur 'Stang! Find someone to help you 'cause you might have a few problems when you first start out.
yeah, but with a truck, you can learn to engage the clutch without killing the engine. the gearing is so low, it's tough to kill, and you learn the feel of engagement.

My sister tried learning in a Honda for 2-3 weeks, and burned out a clutch.

We taught her in a Jeep in 15 minutes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I learned on my 2001 stang and got used to it real fast, when i drove other stick cars it was different so its best you learn on your own car except you dont want to burn out your clutch or grind up gears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.