Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a while back " my engine smells like its burning ". I recieved comments such as " let it break in ", " it goes away "... I have had my '11 v6 since May 15th... when ever i give it a dad bit too much gas ( the fun amount just to where the engine is loud ) 2 seconds later * sniff sniff * smells like sh*t....

Am i driving it too hard for a v6? Seems the harder i push the worse it smells. Is something wrong should i bring it to ford and get it checked out? New engine still under warranty? Could it possibly be a flaw witht he new engines?

Hit me up with any feedback related, comments, concerns, ect.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mine does the same thing, I think it is just the exhaust get hot real quick, maybe somethin with the cats or somethin. I had an svt focus at one point that was the same way... I never had a prob with it, had it 35,000 miles...hard miles...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wanted to see how it would go from a roll today against a GTO 6.0.... ( idk what he did wrong but i took him at first but he caught up quickly haha ) it was just for fun and once again it stinks

·
Registered
146 Posts
How long have you had your car? I just got mine last Friday, and it gets a burnt smell after driving. I chalked it up to the engine dressing that they put on it at the dealership for detailing before I picked her up. If you have only had yours a short time, it could be the same thing.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
since may... but I DO bring it to shows... i had one this past weekend opened the hood and used some detail spray on the plastic and on the CAI and stuff to clean it up a bit.... I wont spray it for a bit and see if that works thanks so much! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i wanted to see how it would go from a roll today against a GTO 6.0.... ( idk what he did wrong but i took him at first but he caught up quickly haha ) it was just for fun and once again it stinks
you should walk a stock gto

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Sounds to me like the Cat is heating up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
about 700mi... some smell but, far less than when it was just off the lot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
51 Posts
I smelled (smelt?!) the same thing as well. They tell me it will go away. Do I trust that opinion on the clutch?! Well, no, but at least it's documented. BBQ a hog on it over Labor Day and see what they say. Hee hee.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I haven't smelt anything like a clutch, but have smelt a lot of detail liquid burning off. It's getting to be less noticable, but they put of ton of that stuff on.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If I quick shift at WOT I can smell the clutch. Needless to say I don't do that too often, I'll just wait for the RPMs to fall and get a nice smooth transition. Haven't had a problem since...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.