Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still a newbie here and looking for some advice, about ready to cancel just about had it with everyone in CS and the dealer. Seems everything I get it just a line to hold me off till I call again!

I ordered the car 4/21, build date 5/18, 5/19 Moved to ramp 51 AII(OH NO)
6/16 spoke w/ Ralph @ AII sd vehicle was allset to go would go out on next train either that week or by Monday (Yipee)
NEVER MOVED
July 1 moved to ramp 5p
July 6 Rec's message that vehicle was in transport in Ohio got rail car number too. CN said transfered to NS Rail. Called NS Rail said in MA by Thursday 7/8 or friday at the latest. 6:44 pm status in PA on rail to MA
7/7 11:15 sd in buffalo today at 1:45am
7/8 status left ny at 6:39am to air mass sched arrival 23:30pm
nothing......nothing.........nothing........nothing.............
7/12 per Ralph Arning in transit on hauler as of 3:03pm Transfered to Accurate Auto Carriers
7/13 spoke to dealer now says anytime in the next few days by end of weeek it will be here waiting on hauler. CS no info............duh it is 80 miles away and was supposedly on a hauler yesterday at 3:03 what gives, If they would let me I could have walked there and picked it up and enjoyed it by now, seeing it has been there since thursday at 11:30! (ok maybe took a cab or something)

Oh and by the way noone at the reail head or Carrier place is allowed to give out information to customer only dealer, but dealer says they have no info on when the car will load and be delivered........am I crazy???? Oh and it gets better NO $750 rebate for me either seems that it is only a randomly generated coupon and I wasn't selected...bummer......plus side is they have extended the $500 cash back program. But still stinks not getting anything extra for all the BS I have had to go thru to get answers the dealer should have been able to get for me.

ANY THOUGHTS??? Please be nice..I am not threatening to go buy a camaro or anything like that....just looking for some helpful advice, perhaps someone who knows the system and if I am being BS'd or if it is normal, what to expect, ect!!! Thanks

·
Banned
874 Posts
I know your excited to get your car!You have some really good tracking info & i'll bet your car will be there any moment!

I know the wait is torturous because i went through it myself HANG IN THERE!!!!

YOU GONNA LOVE THIS BEAST!!

Remember your traction control settings some complained it didn't seem powerful enough PROBABLY HAD TC ON.Be careful if you turn it OFF thing will get away from you if your not careful!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Atleast your car has moved. Mine has been at ramp 5p since June 20th without any movement. Yours is only days away it seems.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine has been on ramp 58, in Melvindale MI since
7/1 No Movement

Does Ford want to sell these cars ??

·
Registered
358 Posts
Still a newbie here and looking for some advice, about ready to cancel just about had it with everyone in CS and the dealer. Seems everything I get it just a line to hold me off till I call again!

I ordered the car 4/21, build date 5/18, 5/19 Moved to ramp 51 AII(OH NO)
6/16 spoke w/ Ralph @ AII sd vehicle was allset to go would go out on next train either that week or by Monday (Yipee)
NEVER MOVED
July 1 moved to ramp 5p
July 6 Rec's message that vehicle was in transport in Ohio got rail car number too. CN said transfered to NS Rail. Called NS Rail said in MA by Thursday 7/8 or friday at the latest. 6:44 pm status in PA on rail to MA
7/7 11:15 sd in buffalo today at 1:45am
7/8 status left ny at 6:39am to air mass sched arrival 23:30pm
nothing......nothing.........nothing........nothing.............
7/12 per Ralph Arning in transit on hauler as of 3:03pm Transfered to Accurate Auto Carriers
7/13 spoke to dealer now says anytime in the next few days by end of weeek it will be here waiting on hauler. CS no info............duh it is 80 miles away and was supposedly on a hauler yesterday at 3:03 what gives, If they would let me I could have walked there and picked it up and enjoyed it by now, seeing it has been there since thursday at 11:30! (ok maybe took a cab or something)

Oh and by the way noone at the reail head or Carrier place is allowed to give out information to customer only dealer, but dealer says they have no info on when the car will load and be delivered........am I crazy???? Oh and it gets better NO $750 rebate for me either seems that it is only a randomly generated coupon and I wasn't selected...bummer......plus side is they have extended the $500 cash back program. But still stinks not getting anything extra for all the BS I have had to go thru to get answers the dealer should have been able to get for me.

ANY THOUGHTS??? Please be nice..I am not threatening to go buy a camaro or anything like that....just looking for some helpful advice, perhaps someone who knows the system and if I am being BS'd or if it is normal, what to expect, ect!!! Thanks
It is normal man. My car was unloaded off a train and onto the transport truck about 90 miles from my house. It still took over a week to get to me. Unless the dealer goes out of their way to escalate the priority, all they know is the latest status update in their computer....and that probably indicates that it was given to the auto transport company. I know it sucks...but it will get there. I was in the same boat as you until this past Saturday afternoon....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just seems redicilus to me.............I talked to Ralph at auto alliance and a supervisor at customer service and both have told me that it was picked up by Accurate Auto Carriers at 3:03pm yesterday, called the dealer again and they said well ............sometimes the drivers pick up the cars and then go home to sleep then they will deliver the cars............ok sounds really far fetched to me and even if the guy did go home to sleep..........is he driving back to MI to sleep I mean seriously, pick up the phone and call Acurate Auto who damn well knows where there trucks are and get an answer I tried but they will only release this to the dealer who has a serious I can't pick up the phone and call anyone attitude.

I am thinking of canceling this order and taking my business elsewhere simply on principal alone based on the fact that since day 2 the dealer has not been able to provide me any information I have had to find it all out on my own by doing their job. I guarantee you that if I do decide to wait for it to get here by the new ETA of 7/25 which means 8 business days to get 80 miles with a max of what 10 cars that I will NEVER step foot in or near that dealership again, I will have it services and purchase all the additional parts as they come out somewhere else!

It seems to me like they don't want to sell me this car, like they want to keep it on their lot and jack up the price to above invoice like everyone says all the other dealers have done in this area. WHATEVER:nono:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered mine on 2/16, built on 5/21, and still not here. I haven't bothered CS about it and I've rarely called the dealer. I was first to order and now 6 others have their cars before me. The last date I got was 7/8. Yesterday I sent my dealer an email and this is what he replied.

Hey George, its been a nightmare with transportation...your car is sitting at Guilderland ramp still on a rail car. It hasn't been unloaded yet to get a carrier assigned to it. Ford Motor Co. is aware of the situation but its been completely frustrating for all parties. Keep in mind there are 500 Fords waiting to be delivered in this Guilderland ramp. I'm sorry on behalf on Ford Motor its been a complete embarrassment. I've yelled at my Rep from Ford several times.

Guilderland is 7 miles from me...........

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
spsracer - Be patient a bit longer or buy something off the lot. If you ordered then you will get exactly what you wanted... so hang on a bit longer. It sounds like it is moving towards you and you'd feel really bad if you canceled and it showed up the next day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.