Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you looking for a good and local shop, here you go...

STILLEN Motorsports is quite possibly one of Orange Counties, and so Cal's best kept secrets! Let me elaborate...
But first, let me start out by saying I was very skeptical at first. The only thing I knew of Stillen, was the rice reference because I think I saw it on a video game or something connected to a 350Z, let me just say this... I have changed my mind, and it is not easily changed, nor impressed for that matter. I must say though... I AM IMPRESSED WITH STILLEN!!!! And everything about them. Even their Nissan's were cool. lol.

I had the opportunity to get a tour from none other than one of Steve Millen's son's, along with Page, who some of you have met, but I had the opportunity to meet today. Both were awesome guys, very knowledgeable, very nice, helpful, and just all around cool guys. I met a few other people along the tour who were also the same. Overall the knowledge flowing out of Stillen is fantastic! Its not kocky or stuck up, unlike some other big name companies, *cough* Saleen *cough*. They treat you like a real person, and can take suggestions as well as give some. They don't seem to try to sell you something you don't need either, they listen to what you are after, what you want, and what you like/dislike. Its a down to earth shop run by real people who know what the f#%[email protected] they are talking about.

Stillen has been associated with Nissan forever, but having walked thru their facility I can assure you they are not just about Nissan anymore. Although there was one of the sexiest and sickest Nissan R34 Skylines I have ever actually seen in person getting worked on. And I guess I missed the 09 GTR Skyline they were working on by about 3 hours, but oh well, maybe next time. Inside the Stillen facility there are countless mustang parts and development around, and when I saw a Ford GT in pieces I knew they were well qualified to work on my little mustang. Hahaha, I mean seeing a Ford GT, their race car Ford GT (which you can see videos of on their website) in pieces with a new supercharger going on it, a brand new, not even on the market yet, big brake kit for the rear, and a full suspension make over, that was enough for me to say YES, you can work on my car, I trust them for sure!

Go to their website and you'll see some of the stuff they are into for our cars. If you don't see what you are specifically looking for, then call and ask Page. There's a lot of stuff I saw in the shop that I had not seen online, plus they are constantly working on/developing things for our cars. I was talking to a guy today, "Chris", who was in the process of developing a 6 piston big brake system for our 99-04 mustangs thru AP brakes. In fact they are going to be using my car as a fitment, or whatever he called it, next week when it comes in for the rear end build. Its awesome to know that there is a real racing company, that is close by, working on stuff to make our cars perform better!

*Disclaimer*
I have not had any work done there yet, but like I said the car is going in next week for work, so when I get it back I will be updating this post to let you guys know how pleased I am with their work.

Bottom line is...
STILLEN IS THE ****! Give them a try!!! Don't just take my word for it, go take the tour for yourself, you wont regret it!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
So he's related to the Millens from off road and New Zeland?

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I am looking forward to going to the show they are having.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
How many guys from this site are going to the show? Should be a good one.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
So he's related to the Millens from off road and New Zeland?
Hey Bruce you should stop by the show if you have nothing to do. That may be quite a drive though.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Don't forget we are about a week from the Stillen show for those who are going. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
They are saying there is a chance of rain next Saturday. Man I hope not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They are saying there is a chance of rain next Saturday. Man I hope not.
Hey there,

Heard on the news this morning that its supposed to be sunny (channel 4). Looked at Weather.com just now - partly cloudy (which would be okay).

Keep yer fingers crossed for good weather :)

BTW - not sure if I posted this on AFM or not, but heres an update to the event :)

Hey there,

First, ff you haven’t yet registered, it’s not to late. You can simply download the registration form (LINK HERE), complete it and bring it with you to the event. If you bring it with you already completed, you will have two chances to win raffle items. Or, you can register when you arrive.

It’s important that I take a minute to thank our supporting vendors in advance. Without them, the event couldn’t have been the success that it is surely to be. SALEEN, Agent 47, Boze Wheels, Eibach, Granatelli Motorsports, Street Scene, Paxton and Vortech have all stepped up to the plate.

During the event, we will be doing free installs on Stillen Sway Bars and Stillen Axle Back exhausts. Time permitting, we may even be able to do some free installs on Stillen rotors (cross-drilled, cross-drilled/slotted). We will also be raffling off a number of items – something here for everyone.

1 - Set of Axis Shine Wheels (20 x 9’s)

1 - Stillen Short Throw Shifter (P/N 452271)

1 - Stillen Hood Damper Kit (P/N 108813)

1 - SALEEN – Watts Link (P/N 101007A16241)

1 - Street Scene Center Mount Grille Shell (SSE73595 or SSE76596)

2 - BOZE Ipod Cases (Billet)

1 - Set of AGENT 47 Retro Race Mirrors (P/N AGEA47RRM)

2 - Certificates for either one set of Eibach Pro-Kit or Sport-Line springs
(P/N EIB35101140, EIB35100140, EIB410135 or EIB410035)

1 - Granatelli Cold Air Intake Cast Elbow w/Filter & Calibrated MAF
(P/N 410040)

2 Coupons for 10% off on Vortech Supercharger Kits
(Purchased Through Stillen)​

So, whatever your plans are for April 5th, make sure they include a visit to Stillen.

LASTLY – for those of you that aren’t local and just can’t make the event, you will have an opportunity to watch it live on the Internet. Yes, we are planning on streaming video to the Internet. For sure, we will have a video/audio stream of dyno activity. Be sure to watch our web site to gain access during the event (www.Stillen.com). As soon as I have a link to the web cast (hopefully before next Friday), I will post that here also.

Thanks

Page

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Page sounds great. I had heard that it may rain so yes i am keeping my fingers crossed. Nice raffle prizes. Looking forward to Saturday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.