Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to connect my XM Roady XT with my radio, I do not have the Shaker 500 or 1000 just the base stereo so I guess it is a Shaker 000. I am just trying to line up all the equipment I will need to get XM. If I have to listen to FM I may go crazy! But I would like to keep the OEM radio

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd recommend simply picking up a ROADY2 for $49 and using the built-in FM modulator. The solution is cheap and it works. Going to a wired connection for most, if not all, Ford radio's right now is still somewhat up in the air.

·
Registered
90 Posts
06TUNGVERTGT said:
What is the best way to connect my XM Roady XT with my radio, I do not have the Shaker 500 or 1000 just the base stereo so I guess it is a Shaker 000. I am just trying to line up all the equipment I will need to get XM. If I have to listen to FM I may go crazy! But I would like to keep the OEM radio

Thanks
I agree with martimus. I've put the Roady II in our 05 and the installation was a breeze. I mounted the antenna on the passenger roof, ran the wire down behind the windshield outer shield and into the car under the plastic doorway trim. From there you can decide where to mount the receiver/readout unit. I ran the wire under the console and mounted mine on the console near the cup holders. Plug in the 12 volt access port inside the console and run that wire along inside by the shifter. The result is very neat and orderly -- no wires showing except where they plug into the receiver. Others have run the wiring up along the windlace to the map lights, tapped into the electric there, and mounted on the map light unit. Also very neat installation.
Good luck -- you can't beat the $49 price and the monthly is also easy on the pocketbook.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts