Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a question... my flywheel came in the other day, it's 14 lbs. How much does the stock flywheel weigh for a 99 V6? The only information I could find was on the stock flywheel on 05 GT's which were 25 lbs. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Dustang99 said:
Awesome, so this flywheel should help a lot! Thanks!
one of the BIGGEST returns on investment -IF the tranny/engine is already opened up.
-Wouldn't have recommended it otherwise.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Dustang99 said:
Wait I just caught that, what do you mean if it's already opened up? :?:
If you're already going to have the labor involved with, say changing the clutch . . . I wouldn't do it without the cost of labor being a given.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ok, I see. And just to clarify things, I'm just guessing mustangs didn't go to the 0 balance flywheel until '02... since the flywheel I got was for years '94-'01. And when I got the flywheel in, there's a small weight on one side of it, something I remember not seeing on the wrong flywheel which was a 0 balance flywheel for a thunderbird. And on my stock flywheel, in the same spot as the aftermarket one... there's more weight. So that explains why the 0 balance thunderbird flywheel is making my car shake so horribly. Well, I got b-day money, that means I have enough to switch it out tomorrow morning! Can't wait, I miss my car.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Did you get it done?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.