Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a '01 gt 5 speed and was wondering if anyone had any dyno info(hp and torque) in stock form. Now what do you think the HP would be with a cold air intake system, accufab 70MMthrottle body and plenum, underdrive pulleys and a Mac exhaust system minus headers. Taking car to dyno and was wondering.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
yankcollector said:
Bought a '01 gt 5 speed and was wondering if anyone had any dyno info(hp and torque) in stock form. Now what do you think the HP would be with a cold air intake system, accufab 70MMthrottle body and plenum, underdrive pulleys and a Mac exhaust system minus headers. Taking car to dyno and was wondering.
947hp:eyebulge:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Im guessing about 240 at the wheels.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
230hp at the wheels in stock, another 30-40 hp with the mods you listed.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Monkey Boy said:
230hp at the wheels in stock, another 30-40 hp with the mods you listed.
You think those mods will net another 40 ponies? I doubt it, but now im real curious.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Ok im willing to throw in another 5 ponies but thats my final offer!! :tongue

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dyno results - 2001 GT 5 speed

Took car to dyno this morning. Not impressed.....238 hp to wheels with 278 lbs. torque. Running entirely too rich (air/fuel at 10 ) from 3000 rpms and up. Should be at 13. There was no hypertech tune in the car when purchased. It must have been detuned before selling. It will get a new tuner chip when I can afford it.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Those numbers aren't bad, the first time I had mine dyno'd with the exhaust, CAI & TB I was at 242 and 281. That went down when I put the plenum on because it was way lean. I got it tuned and got the numbers in my sig. BTW, if you're running an A/F of 13, that's lean. Optimal is 12.5-12.8 or so.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
ran260gt said:
That would really suck to get just 10hp , with the mod he listed !
I was off by two ponies! lol

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
yankcollector said:
Took car to dyno this morning. Not impressed.....238 hp to wheels with 278 lbs. torque. Running entirely too rich (air/fuel at 10 ) from 3000 rpms and up. Should be at 13. There was no hypertech tune in the car when purchased. It must have been detuned before selling. It will get a new tuner chip when I can afford it.
Thats not too bad. You really dont have any power adders on your car, when you do, the parts that you have on now will compliment them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
back to 87 octane

I guess I can go back to 87 octane now that I know that the hypertech tune listed in my book of options isn't in the car any more. Put in 93 just for the dyno. Last thing I wanted was to start knocking if I did needed a higher octane. Interesting getting it dynoed. The show-Me-mustang club had 12 car there and although I was extremely nervous about the dyno (visions of a flatbed bringing my car home) It went smooth. Oh yes....They asked me what the redline on the car is and I didn't know.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Not sure about new edge cars but my redline is 6k. I think with a good tune you could see 245-250. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I think dollarbill is right. With a good tune, you could get 260 and another 20 ft-lbs of torque.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.