Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the idle set at 1000 rpm's it seemed a little high now i have it set at 850 -800 rpm's it seems low to me...the car sound nice it has a nice exhaust note for stock exhaust...u know thats what the sticker says to adjust it to also..it is a 5 spd...so does these cars have a lopey sound to them stock...i mean when it was at 1000 rpm's it seemed to have no lopey sound almost like it was idling to high ....now it seems to drive fine no problems but im just wondering if that is normal the car has a slight rumble tis way and shakes a little at idle not a bad shake...lol like it has a cam in it...so is that ok?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Stock, the idle is around 750-800 rpm. But really, you set it where you want it, it doesn't have to be a certain place. I'd set it where it isn't killing all your gas with such a fast idle, but won't cause any throttle response problems.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys...I just did a complete tune-up it doesnt have a miss when it is at a lower rpm it just doesnt seem to run smooth as if i have the idle set a say 950-1000 rpm's i had it around 800 and it had a slight shake to it almost like it has a cam...but i dont think anyone changed the stock one....but i do have to keep the timing a little higher then i want because if i go lower with it the car runs crappy..so im guessing i have the timing around 16-18 degrees BTDC right now ....i wonder why i have to keep the timing up that high?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have never seen a 5.0 that didn't shake a little at idle. It's just their nature. Mine does it too.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have never seen a 5.0 that didn't shake a little at idle. It's just their nature. Mine does it too.
Thats what i thought too..i mean its not shaking to the point that its noticable it has a slight shake.....my brand new car does it ? so im sure its fine....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.