Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on stock vs. offroad H pipe sounds. I have heard a few video clips of a Stang with a Mac catback BEFORE the O/R h pipe was installed and AFTER the O/R h pipe was installed. It sounded to me like the O/R was much louder, BUT, only becasue it got more of a HOLLOW sound:sosad: . Sounded much LESS deep and the video was recorded at the same spot both times. Does this mean an O/R h pipe will take away that deep sound that an h pipe with cats have:?: Keep in mind it was a Mac catback and am talking about baffled muffler exhaust systems of that kind.

If anyone has any experience or knows what i'm talking about, PLEASE help me out as I am deciding on what mid pipe to buy for my Mac Catback on my 97GT. I'm a newbie at this site, so input would help. Thanks:winks

·
Registered
162 Posts
An O/R x-pipe would be better, but if you insist on the h-pipe then get an O/R. They may not of the really really really really deep note that gets on most peoples nerves that the stock h-pipe has but they do have a good sound. Although, h-pipe sound seems to be more for the 5.0 and the x-pipe seems to be more for the 4.6. Although as long as its an O/R pipe it will sound way better than stock.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i'll never understand people that care soo much about the way it sounds HP/TQ advantages are so way more important :sterb:

·
Registered
162 Posts
97mustang82 said:
??? Does anyone here know anything about exhausts?
What exactly are you wanting to know? If you just wanna know if you're gonna lose some of that deep sound the stock h-pipe has then the answer is yes. If you want more power out of the mid pipe go with an x-pipe, if you want your x-pipe to have more of that deep sound along with the x-pipe sound then get a catted x-pipe. I mean you arent asking the right question for the answer i think you are wanting apparently. If you like the stock h-pipe sound then keep the stock h-pipe. If all you are after is the sound, then stick with what you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.