Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been experiencing really bad tire noise on my new 5.0 for a few thousand miles, to the point I was recently starting to think that something else/worse was wrong. It started at about 8,000 miles at highway speeds, and was really getting bad at all speeds by 13,000 miles, so I had my dealer look at it when I had my car in for inspection this year.

The dealer did an alignment and rotated the tires under warranty (they checked the balance of all four but it was not off). Made a huge difference. I still have some faint tire noise, far more subdued, but my service manager said it may go away and to just "do a few burnouts" ha

I just wanted to let you all know my experience, though, because they said my car was only slightly out of alignment, meaning the stock Pirellis must be very sensitive to proper alignment and regular rotation. I used to run Kumho Ecstas for 40,000 miles on my 2000 GT before they sounded like this.

Now for those burnouts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the info! If I notice the tires getting unusually noisy I will focus on the alignment immediately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts