Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 White Mustang that still has the stock rims on the car. Im not really in the position to buy new tires and rims (As the 16 inch tires on the car now are relatively new). Thus, Im exploring the option of powder coating the stock rims on my car. What should I expect to be the cost of doing so? Keep in mind I'm a 17 year old kid, so something extremely expensive is out of the question so any other recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Expect between 100-200 for just the powdercoating. Then there's the cost of tire dismount, mount, balance.

I suggest if price is a concern, use the dupli color wheel paint and do it yourself. I've seen a few threads with great results. Also iirc the 16 center caps are plastic and cannot be pc anyways. Anniversary rims might have metal caps though.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Get to the recycling/wrecking yard and see what has just come in that may fit. You may also want to check places that sell tire and rim set up's. Many times people buy new rims and tires and don't want the old set. You may luck into a nice set of rims and tires for next to nothing.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I powder coated mine....I love it :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts