Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had a problem with the stock rotors rusting. Mine is totally covered with rust and I drive it 70 miles everyday. Any solutions.

G

·
I think you are referring to the brake "dust" which includes metallic bits which are "rusting" on the rotors in wet weather. Once you drive it, it is gone.

Some aftermarket brakes use special pads but, not sure it is a big deal...

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Mine have a thin thin layer of rust by the middle of washing. It happens that quick. But like he said ^ its gone after a few brake applications. Normal for any car.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Stoenr said:
Mine have a thin thin layer of rust by the middle of washing. It happens that quick. But like he said ^ its gone after a few brake applications. Normal for any car.
Stoenr's right. It's normal. Look at any car's brakes after it rains. You'll see pretty much every car has it. I think it has to maybe do with the water mixing with loose brake dust which turns it a brownish color.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
One thing I noticed too, on the earlier 05 posts, there was someone with pictures of the flywheel damper and the strut tops with rust on them when it was new, I don't know about anyone else but with my 06, they are not rusting. but I do get the same break rust after washing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts