Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know what came with the 1993 mustang LX 2.3 as in what kind of transmission, bore of motor, HP of motor, what kind of engines the transmission will be compatible with. this would greatly be appreciated...

P.S. i am planning on putting a 400+ CI in my stang, later on of course.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hi...

As far as trannies go, if you have the 5-speed, it's a t-5. If it's the auto, it's the A4LD. Either way, if you plan on putting a 400+ CI motor in there, don't even think about using the stock 2.3 transmission, which was only meant to handle 105 horses.

What type of engine exactly is it that you plan on mounting in there anyways? It sounds pretty over the top:scratchchin...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Do you maybe want to expand on which transmission (manual/auto) you have and what you've done with the motor thus far so we may be help a little better?

·
Registered
654 Posts
a4ld, same trans in the aerostar....JUNK!!!!! IMO.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
For an engine of the size you want (and still keeping her a ford:gringreen), you want to look into getting a t-5 out of 5.0. They're built to handle 300+HP.

But if you want to keep it an auto (who would???), I hear that everyone has "powerglide" transmissions. But those are more for racing and I think that they can run your pockets into the ground:happyhapp! Now I wonder if a 5.0 automatic transmission would be strong enough??? BTW, Someone can answer that.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Hi...

As far as trannies go, if you have the 5-speed, it's a t-5. If it's the auto, it's the A4LD. Either way, if you plan on putting a 400+ CI motor in there, don't even think about using the stock 2.3 transmission, which was only meant to handle 105 horses.

What type of engine exactly is it that you plan on mounting in there anyways? It sounds pretty over the top:scratchchin...
The stock 5 speeder is a world class unit and is capable of handling well over 275 lbs of torque. The t5 is very strong. It is basically the same tranny as a 5.0 unit with slight changes. ITS STRONG BELIEVE ME.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.