Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid little question i cant seem to find online. Stock 2011 temp gauge in the gt cluster, pegged out on the hot end but what temperature IS that exactly? 200...? 220...? Anyone know what that would be?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
How long was it pegged for? If you get it moving in open air fairly soon the temp will start to drop. Or pull up to a water hose and spray the radiator to cool the engine.

Did you get the fan problem fixed? Keep an eye on your coolant level and temps for a while. If it wasn't too long or too severe you're probably ok. The ECM does have an added fail-safe in that it deactivates fuel delivery to alternating cylinders to provide emergency cooling.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long was it pegged for? If you get it moving in open air fairly soon the temp will start to drop. Or pull up to a water hose and spray the radiator to cool the engine.

Did you get the fan problem fixed? Keep an eye on your coolant level and temps for a while. If it wasn't too long or too severe you're probably ok. The ECM does have an added fail-safe in that it deactivates fuel delivery to alternating cylinders to provide emergency cooling.
Possibly 2 minutes at the very most. I was doing smog on the fly after trying to get some super shady aftermarket wiring solved, turns out something they did is tied into my electrical for the fans that caused them to not turn on (Yeah I know, thats [email protected]&%!). Pulled it off the second i saw it hot and cooled down for an hour. Within 5 minutes it was back to normal temps though.

Its not yet solved, ive been really busy. Im sure something like that my tuner left in it to keep it safe as well.
Ive started it 4 times since then and have no smoke ticks or anything alarming (checked oil for coolant too). Just paranoid and looking for the numbers on the matter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts