Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My throw-out bearing is making noise agian on my stock 94 v6 mustang with manual tranny. This will be the forth time it needs to be replaced in just the past couple years and im not sure why? After about a month or two after its replaced it starts to chirp when I let off the clutch, I could use some advice on why it keeps going out? I am going to replace it myself this time and I saw they have a performance release bearing so i think i am going to get that if it will improve my odds of not having to replace it for a reasonable amount of time. I know the pilot bearing was replaced a couple of months ago and a new bell housing was put in about 2 or three years ago. Last time the bearing didn't start making noise until after the car was knocked out of gear on accident if that helps at all. Any help to get rid of this recurring problem would be greatly appreciated, didn't find much help by googling it. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
My grandpa does the same damn thing. I'm guessing when you drive you rest your foot on the clutch pedal for extended periods of time. thats why its goes for my gpa because the bearing is always engaged but not enough to mess with clutch. idk if this is what is your issue but try to see if you have that habit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it has the same affect but no I dont rest it on the peddle, knew not to do that before I even started driving lol. I am going to try to adjust the clutch using built in method, maybe it will help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.