Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
i have a stock 2003 3.8 v6 stang.
looking to maybe get a tuner and for sure dual exhaust.
not really sure what to go with for either.
any suggestions?
does this sound like some good things to start with?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sounds like you've got the right idea. You should also look into gears to really get you off the line quickly. Check out some of the older threads in here, some good advice has been given. Welcome to the site. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Tuner, go with Diablo or SCT stuff. They are the most common tuners and are probably the easiest to use on the market at the moment. Dual exhaust is personal taste. Go to youtube and listen to V6 exhaust and then decide which muffler you like best. You can get Long tube headers that will help with power and sound and you can get a midpipe if you want but they do not do anything for our 6's except sound. Their are many many things that we can do with the V6's. Might look into a Cold Air Intake as well, they are cheap and easy to install and increase throttle response a bit as well as a few hp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you've got the right idea. You should also look into gears to really get you off the line quickly. Check out some of the older threads in here, some good advice has been given. Welcome to the site. :bigthumbsup
what gears would you recommend?
where should i look for them?
how much do they cost?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
what gears would you recommend?
where should i look for them?
how much do they cost?
1999-2004 Ford Mustang Gears at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

They have motive gears at Americanmuscle for our 7.5" axles. There's also FRPP, but I'm not sure how much those cost. Usually, it's best to go with 4.10 gears for an auto and 3.73's with a manual.

If you're considering gears, i'd also get a lsd to put your power to both wheels.

The main cost of gears is installation, it differs by location, but I was quoted around $300 on average back when I was looking at gears.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am in the same boat. I know I am getting a CAI, but can't decide on which model/design. I need some feedback from people on what models they have used, quality of the product, why they chose the models, and what they liked/disliked about them. A lot of people on here have them, but I haven't found much on answering my questions. I will probably go back to the same place that put straight back duals on my 66 and my Dads 69 and have them do my 2003. Since my car is a dailydriver and will be used on roadtrips I am leaving the stock gears and adding lds. I can't decide on the tuner. I don't know what the hp rating would be on a stock engine at the fly or rearwheel. Also, not looking forward to having to run 93 octane $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You can run 87 octane tunes on a tuner. Of course, you'd see the biggest gains with a 93 tune..

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
i reccomend CAI tuner first. then tloc gears

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cai

I bought a K & N! its great adds some hp and the throttle repsonse is amazing and it also creates a deeper throaty sound to the exhaust

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.