Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone out there waiting for a new mustang and its taking a long
time..i ordered a 2012 gt 8 weeks ago..and its all done waiting to be shipped..but ford has put a stop shipment on all mustangs..has anyone heard of this?? what does it mean??
thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
time..i ordered a 2012 gt 8 weeks ago..and its all done waiting to be shipped..but ford has put a stop shipment on all mustangs..has anyone heard of this?? what does it mean??
thanks
where did you hear mustang shipments were being held up? (i ordered 2012 gt on 5/13, on 5/30 was told build date of 6/2 with committed delivery no later than 6/27 to sf bay area...this is what my dealer says ford told him within the past week).

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've heard there is a shortage of rail cars & that could be contributing to the delays in delivery. I hadn't heard of any stop shipment order recently.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i bought my 2011 back in march of 2010 and there was a delay with it then.

Not only was there a delay but the dumbass salesman ordered it in black instead of the sterling grey i asked him to order. So i had to order the whole car again with another delay. Online I found reasons for the delay ranging from recalls, to paint issues, to even a volcano restricting air traffic near one of Ford's plants.

My point is...the dealer says it takes about two months for the car to be delivered from time of order. Give it an extra two weeks to a month before you start worrying. You're gonna just go crazy for no reason (like i did). The car is ordered, it will get to the dealer when it gets there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I ordered on 3/21, built on 5/5, at the dealer on 5/23 and took delivery 8 days ago on 5/25.

I've got just under 2500 miles on her now :)

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Yep, I ordered in Jan 2010, car was built 5/5/10, but it did not leave the plant until 6/15/10. The car was delivered to the dealership less than 24 hours after it was released, and I am a good 10 hours away. It came by transport truck straight form Flat Rock. I know there are many people on here who waited very long times for their cars. Be patient, it is worth the wait to get "your" car. At the time I was Employed by Ford, and even I didn't know what the delays, stop shipments, stop productions, or whatever the heck they were doing was caused by. It is a very secretive business when it comes to Quality Control.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Who knows... I was at Galpin Ford the other day, supposedly the largest Ford dealer in California, and they only had maybe 2 5.0s in their inventory. Total.

Suckers.. :cooldude:

·
Registered
146 Posts
i worked for a dealership for over 5 years, and there is always some sort of "train/rail car issue" whenever you really need a car. Best bet, is dont even think about it.. and be happy when you finally do get the call form the dealership

they can "hot tag" the car at the rail yard (which expedites the time it takes to get on the truck after being unloaded off of the rail car) but even that isnt really guarnteed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I ordered my 2013 GT in January and still haven't got delivery.:bounce2: Internet stuff cracks me up. I heard it from____, someone posts it and before ya know ___ the sky is falling. Do you remember the crap about black and red cars right after the Japanese disaster. Lots of 2012 red and black mustangs round here.

·
Registered
465 Posts
thanks
Mine took 10 days to go from the plant to my dealer 10 miles away so don't sweat it. It sat for days with no hold and then just showed up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
shipped

Ordered 2012 Kona blue GT on 3/11/11 built 5/27/11 got railcar ID # on 6/2/11 should be delivered 6/10/11.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You might want to check out the who ordered a 2012 thread pinned over on the 2011+Talk forum.... there are no reports of any stop shipment although it's perfectly routine for individual cars or groups of cars to get pulled for auditing and quality checks.

Before you panic I'd call Ford Customer Service and get an update on your status... at this point it should either be "In Production (means it is being audited)", "Awaiting Transit (everything is complete, it's just waiting for a ride), or "In Transit" (it's on the way).

By the way my car was pulled aside and audited and held for about a week and a half... but it's no big deal as when it arrived it was flawless, everything works perfectly inside and out. The entire process, order to delivery was exactly 8 weeks including the hold period.

PS The info available to both FCS and the dealer is always a tad behind, my car's status was "Awaiting Transit" when the dealer saw the truck pull up outside his window.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
Something similar for me. I called FCS on a Wednesday morning and was advised that my car would be delivered the following Monday. That same Wednesday afternoon my dealer called me and said, "your car's here". Of course I asked, "are you sure it's mine". Turned out it was!

·
Registered
644 Posts
my local dealer got a six speed M in today. Build 5/16/11

1 - 15 of 15 Posts