Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did some research and cant find the answer that im looking for. i currently have two flowmaster 40's split off the factory y pipe, what is better for sound i want loud and obnoxious dont care if it sound ricey or euro just want loud with the cats on.will two straight pipes coming off the cats to the mufflers or an h-pipe be better? getting my y-pipes cut off on thursday and exhaust shop wants to know if i want straight or an h-pipe. dont want to change mufflers either and x is out too expensive. any help would be great.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its gotta be legal lol, i had my flows dumped and i loved it but got harrased by to many cops

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
the difference in sound between true duals and an h-pipe shouldn't be too much different. The h-pipe will be better for torque though.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I heard the X-Pipe sounded better than the H, but the H has more of an advantage in exhaust delivery.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanks for the great replies. i think im leaning toward true duels

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i went with straight duels and man does it sound awesome, and it gets up goes alot better now. thanks for all the input :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I heard the X-Pipe sounded better than the H, but the H has more of an advantage in exhaust delivery.
actually it is the other way around. The X has the kinda raspy sound but is best for performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.