Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere where I can buy a new 270 crate motor or even a rebuilt one? I have the 200 ci right now and I think the quickest and easiest upgrade would be to the 270.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
instead of starting anothing thread i figured i'd just add to this one.
i've got 6 too and i'm wanting to give it a little pep without going in the hole so much by swapping out to a 289. what are some good things to upgrade? i want to give it a dual exhaust and swap to a manual transmission, what else would help? Pertronix? what kind/size carb? pistons? cams? ???????????:headscratch:???????????
what's more economical?

G

·
Just like any engine, the I6 will respond moderately to intake and exhaust upgrades. By intake I just mean on the intake side (not the actual intake here) a good 1bbl or even upgrading to a 2bbl carb will help. The links mentioned above will have info on many options for you. I'm running Cliffords 6 into 2 headers with the port divider. I also have a Pertronix set up and love it. In fact the Pertronix probably made the most difference as it has completely smoothed out the idle and you don't have to fiddle with points. It's all hidden under the distributor cap so aesthetically it works as well. Browse the info on the above links and you'll get a feel for what you might or might not want to do.

Snack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.