Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always I hear Cracking sound in the front wheels when I drive my car.

I don't think its a big problem but is this nurmal since all my frinds having same problem with there mustangs.

Regards,:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
umm... what do you mean cracking sound? I dont have any cracking sounds from my front wheels.... you need to describe more.

·
Registered
621 Posts
yeahhhh i dont hear any cracking in my front wheels??..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its defecult to explain but i always hear it when I drive my car in a tough road.

My local ford dealer said it's normal but i am still woundering.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Its defecult to explain but i always hear it when I drive my car in a tough road.

My local ford dealer said it's normal but i am still woundering.
i would be leary about that ford dealership.

i mean a rough road will definitley make for a bumpy ride and give you noises as the car goes up and down... more like thumpy sounds.... but cracking doesnt sound right.

is this cracking sound constant? or is more like in and out? if its constant i think somethings wrong. if its in and out... perhaps its just hard to explain and understand on a forum without being able to hearing it.... considering your saying all your friends have the same sound it probably isnt a problem.... but if the sound is constant i would say somethings not correct.... cuz i definitely dont have anything like that.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jaystar86

Thank for your information.

I will recheck this matter with my ford car delar again

·
Registered
431 Posts
a lot for people get this in time :headscratch:

·
Registered
777 Posts
My front end has a "creak" / pop in the front when I cut it deep and the weight shifts just right... usually it involves an incline (such as turning into a driveway or turning as I cross a speed bump). Dealership refuses to touch it because they "can't reproduce", even though the techs have admitted hearing it while I'm driving it for them.

My Dad's a mechanic, so we jacked it up and wiggled around. I believe it's a buggered upper strut mount bearing. As the strut rotates, the bearing is binding and then popping free when there's horizontal stress. Just my total shot in the dark, but that's the area my noise is coming from. May not have anything to do with yours.

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. Figured I'd just replace the whole works with an upgraded front suspension if it got too bad, and the heck with the dealership.

~HA

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thats B.S. that ford wont touch it because they cant reproduce the sound if you can make it do the noise for them and they hear it isn't that reproducing.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
I believe i heard it the other day when i had my music off for a change. I think i was just driving over the little markers in the middle of the road, you know.... the reflective ones. Try driving a little more over to the right side of the lane and see if the noise goes away

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you are right the sound looks like this.

(dodk promp kik bb odk)

If you read the above line with same way I wrote it you will understand the noise.

Sorry for my poor explanation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.