Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, here's the deal
my gf has an 88 t-bird 5.0. i've had nothing but problems with her damn drivers side door.
problem #1...her key wont turn in the cylinder. if she manually locks the car(pushes the rod down) the key WILL unlock the door. however, if she uses the power locks, the key will NOT unlck the door. wtf is up with that? anyone have a clue? is it the actuator? also, i CAN"t push the rod down on her passenger's side. so manually locking the car is out of the question.

problem #2...her window continuously comes off the track. its the rear of the window (toward the rear of the car). i've used 2 part epoxy's, silicone, gorilla glue, and a couple of different all purpose glues. it still comes off the track after a day or two. i even adjusted that bolt at the top of the door. no luck. what the hell is binding? any ideas?

first problem to solve these problems gets a big star on their forehead for the day! :laughlitt

·
Registered
551 Posts
As to the first question, I'd say the solenoids are going wonky. The only test I can think of would be to unhook them (I know, a pain, but...) and see if it still happens. You can get junkyard replacements for$20 or less.

As to the second prob, I have no idea, but I'd take the panel off to see whats flexing/binding/whatever. If there's something off in the door itself, glue would just be a band-aid, even if it works for a bit. You're better off just getting in there (while you have the door panel off for the solenoids) and checking it out.

Hope it helps,
J

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BadlandsGhost said:
You're better off just getting in there and checking it out.

i HAVE been in there and checked it out... well over a dozen times...lol(probably more like 2 dozen). i dont see what the problem could possibly be.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Hit up a bone yard and see if you can find an assembly or perhaps just by looking at it you can see if something broke off of yours. Taking pics of your current setup and comparing it there will help.

Never use glue on the car unless its plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.