Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had one really strange thing happen with my 06 GT last night. I was driving around a parking lot waiting to pick my son up from work and heard what sounded like the door ajar bell going off for a second. I looked at text display in my dash and saw something that said "low fuel warning" and then disappeared along with the bell sound. I had a nearly a full tank of gas.
Is this something I should be worried about or does this "happen" sometimes?? I run a computer lab at my school and wouldn't be suprised if it happened on a machine at my school; I don't know how bulletproof these car computer are, I just know that desktop computers are **REALLY** full for lots of "hiccups."
Let me know,
Joe

·
Registered
914 Posts
this simlar thing happened with my '05 and after a couple of times of this the CEL came on and it turned out to be a bad fuel sending unit - others on this forum have had the same problem, but it seems to have not cropped up in a while until your post.

Just keep an eye on it, as I understand the dealer won't fix it until it really is broken.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happened again...

It just happened again! I got in to start the car after sitting in the garage all night and it came right up. There's actually two lines of text, it just goes away so fast I can't read the second one.
I'll keep a log to document it happening.
Darn!!
Joe

·
Registered
886 Posts
Probably says "LOW FUEL WARNING, 50 MILES TO EMPTY"

Sounds like a sending unit. You might want to keep track of your miles between fillups, just in case it goes bonkers. I'm sure these cars get fidgety about being run dry.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It happened just a few minutes ago, yet again. This time I looked for the 2nd line and it said something like a data file error.
Thanks,
Joe
ultraclyde said:
Probably says "LOW FUEL WARNING, 50 MILES TO EMPTY"

Sounds like a sending unit. You might want to keep track of your miles between fillups, just in case it goes bonkers. I'm sure these cars get fidgety about being run dry.

·
Registered
579 Posts
If you do a search and nothing shows up do a search on the corral because 100's have had this problem and I am not sure but I was thinking that the solution was to run a certain gas or a fuel cleaning product in the tank to get the sending unit to work correctly.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
albireo said:
It happened just a few minutes ago, yet again. This time I looked for the 2nd line and it said something like a data file error.
Thanks,
Joe
Yup, sounds like your sending unit, data file error means your computer is receiving gibberish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.