Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm in the process of a rebuild and I've always noticed this strange port on my exhaust manifold, but never known what it is. It has always leaked a little bit of exhaust. Is it just a manifold temperature sensor that someone once had installed or does it have some other purpose? I'm thinking I'm just going to take it out and plug the hole. Or is it something that I should be looking to replace? I've included a picture for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
it may be a port that went to the choke?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey all, I'm in the process of a rebuild and I've always noticed this strange port on my exhaust manifold, but never known what it is. It has always leaked a little bit of exhaust. Is it just a manifold temperature sensor that someone once had installed or does it have some other purpose? I'm thinking I'm just going to take it out and plug the hole. Or is it something that I should be looking to replace? I've included a picture for your viewing pleasure.

That is the port where the hot air choke tube goes from the carb.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. That makes sense. I installed a Holly autochoke carb years ago and the choke had never been working on the previous carb so I guess that's why I never knew what it was. I'm guessing I can just plug the puppy up now, right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks guys. That makes sense. I installed a Holly autochoke carb years ago and the choke had never been working on the previous carb so I guess that's why I never knew what it was. I'm guessing I can just plug the puppy up now, right?
Would think you could. Shouldn't cause an issue.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Unless the manifold is cracked there, there's no reason to plug it. The choke "stove" is meant for fresh air to pass through and get heated; there is no connection to the exhaust gasses flowing through the manifold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts