Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased a 2006 Pony Package convertible that has a strange rattling noise in the rear. The car was sold new in Dec 07, and has just over 8k miles on it now.

Then best way to describe the noise is that it sounds like there is a bolt rattling around in the metal tray that holds the top when it is down. I tried to get my hand in there with the top partially lowered, but couldn't feel anything except a wiring harness. The noise happens whenever I stop or turn moderately. It sounds just like a bolt or other metal object rolling around in this metal tray. It is definitely coming from the passenger side. Any ideas on how to get in there to check?

Thanks in advance....

John P.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, I have had the exact same noise lately. I blew out a tire two weeks ago, it was not strapped down so, I changed it, put the spare back in with the tire iron, and whammy rattling from the rear when i stop quickly, i have been looking for my missing pieces and cant find them yet. You may want to check your trunk and look for them. I have had my top down for two days and the noise is still around so I dont think it has anything to do with that...let me know if you find anything

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to look at all the pieces in the trunk when I get home from work today. Come to think of it, it may be the key for the wheel locks that may be the culprit. I never did find it when I got the car and had to smash off the locks and replace them with regular lugnuts. I'll post my findings.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion on checking the trunk. I found the key for the wheel locks rolling around in there. It was hidden in the side by where the quarter panel meets the floor.

Thanks, again!

John P.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.