Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason while I'm driving I hear a clinky sound near the door handles(both doors). It's not all of the time, but once in awhile I will hear it. I am not sure where exactly, but it's annoying. I think it's been going on for about 5-6 weeks now. I don't drive like a nutcase, so have no clue lol. Does anyone have any ideas? :blink:

·
Registered
234 Posts
For some reason while I'm driving I hear a clinky sound near the door handles(both doors). It's not all of the time, but once in awhile I will hear it. I am not sure where exactly, but it's annoying. I think it's been going on for about 5-6 weeks now. I don't drive like a nutcase, so have no clue lol. Does anyone have any ideas? :blink:
It may be the rectangular plastic inserts behind the door latches. Mine are loose and they rattle whenever I go over bumps. Supposedly you can remove the inserts and put some foam tape behind them, but I haven't figured out how to remove them yet.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
It may be the rectangular plastic inserts behind the door latches. Mine are loose and they rattle whenever I go over bumps. Supposedly you can remove the inserts and put some foam tape behind them, but I haven't figured out how to remove them yet.
those little insert pc`s just pry out. there should be one of the bolts that holds the door panel on behind them.maybe the door panel bolts are loose. that little plastic shouldnt make any noise

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
there is a flat rectangle pc that prys out behind the door pull on the inside that has 1 maybe 2 door panel bolts behind it also( plus the one behind the pull latch) check if those are tight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.