Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a friend riding around with me the other day, and we cruised for maybe, two hours at least, and then when he got out and closed the passenger side door, he told me to come over because he thought he had broken something in the door. So, I opened the door and shut it again, and I heard the scariest sounding sizzle when the door shut. I opened and shut it a couple more times and it sizzled the same both times. So I got down on the ground and looked for something that could be making the sound, however, not knowing what I was looking for, I just ended up with with some dirt on my shirt from the ground.

I've never had the chance to actually see underneath my mustang, and so I really don't know the layout of the mechanics that are under there. Is it possible that there is some sort of liquid that would touch something hot after two hours of cruising? Or maybe the vibrations from the door closing make something vibrate and touch something hot...

If anyone can help me out with this, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: The driver's side door doesn't do it. Its just the passenger door.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
mac_mogul said:
I took a friend riding around with me the other day, and we cruised for maybe, two hours at least, and then when he got out and closed the passenger side door, he told me to come over because he thought he had broken something in the door. So, I opened the door and shut it again, and I heard the scariest sounding sizzle when the door shut. I opened and shut it a couple more times and it sizzled the same both times. So I got down on the ground and looked for something that could be making the sound, however, not knowing what I was looking for, I just ended up with with some dirt on my shirt from the ground.

I've never had the chance to actually see underneath my mustang, and so I really don't know the layout of the mechanics that are under there. Is it possible that there is some sort of liquid that would touch something hot after two hours of cruising? Or maybe the vibrations from the door closing make something vibrate and touch something hot...

If anyone can help me out with this, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: The driver's side door doesn't do it. Its just the passenger door.
It's water from the AC. nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, okay then. Just had me a little worried since I'd never heard it before.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
kinda sounded the same when you drop some water in a hot frying pan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.