Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive an 88 Ford Mustang. It is well taken care of, with no racing or hot rodding. It has 160,000 miles. I recently replaced the front and rear bearings. I have also installed new tires that were carefully balanced. At approximately 30 mph and 75 mph, I get excessive vibration. It feels like it is coming from the rear of the car. I wonder if it is a bad u-joint? I have also been told it might be the motor mounts. Does anyone have an idea to the source and correction to this vibration?

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Motor mounts are rpm specific so you should be able to reproduce it while stopped and revving up. Easiest way is to check for play in the U joint. May be a good time to invest in an aluminum driveshaft.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Ghost Dog. I put a set of new u-joints on my ride and it runs excellent. As a university professor, I can afford to drive almost any car that I want. However, I choose to run my 88 Mustang 5.0. Even though it is almost 18 years old and in almost immaculate condition, it will still blow away every fraternity guy or sororiety chic in their new Hondas, Toyotas, etc. at the red lights near campus!!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
mustangMark said:
I can afford to drive almost any car that I want. However, I choose to run my 88 Mustang 5.0. Even though it is almost 18 years old and in almost immaculate condition, it will still blow away every fraternity guy or sororiety chic in their new Hondas, Toyotas, etc. at the red lights near campus!!
Very smart, that's why you're the professor, bro'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.