Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Leather interior so this might only pertain to that group.

What is the strap and snap there on the side of the seat back for? I asked my salesman and he had no clue. I have no clue either. Do you?

Russ

·
Registered
126 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
I have the Leather interior so this might only pertain to that group.

What is the strap and snap there on the side of the seat back for? I asked my salesman and he had no clue. I have no clue either. Do you?

Russ
Seat Belt.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
SRQ05GT said:
Seat Belt.
yep... seat belt... and I don't know about anyone else... but mine is worthless... LOL!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SERIOUS HERE! not that... hahaha!

fishingjts said:
yep... seat belt... and I don't know about anyone else... but mine is worthless... LOL!
No, I don't mean that! I mean the little length of strap coming down from the seat back to the base and held with a snap. (take a look) I could post a pic tomorrow night if needed...
Russ

·
Registered
55 Posts
Knock on wood, mine works fine. I can't understand why they didn't go with a REAL snap instead of a magnet. Of course, I would have mounted the seat belts into the seats rather than the post waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the rear of the car. But, I'm just short. :)

fishingjts said:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK! I am NOT getting it...? ? ?

cu3885 said:
Knock on wood, mine works fine. I can't understand why they didn't go with a REAL snap instead of a magnet. Of course, I would have mounted the seat belts into the seats rather than the post waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the rear of the car. But, I'm just short. :)
What does that strap have to do with the seat belt? I am goin' out to the garage and taking another look at mine and try to figure what it might have to do with the seat belt...
Back in a minute...
Russ

·
Registered
305 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
No, I don't mean that! I mean the little length of strap coming down from the seat back to the base and held with a snap. (take a look) I could post a pic tomorrow night if needed...
Russ
They are being serious. It is hard to tell sometimes.:hihi: The strap on the seat is designed to hold the seatbelt up where it can be reached.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Russ
yep... I know exactly what you're talking about... the strap and snap are supposed to hold the seat belt that way you don't have to reach so far back to grap the belt... Maybe it looked good on paper... but in my car the snap won't even stay fastened without the seat belt putting pressure on it! So like I said.. worthless... LOL

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok.....

66stang351 said:
They are being serious. It is hard to tell sometimes.:hihi: The strap on the seat is designed to hold the seatbelt up where it can be reached.
Geeez, I would like to think it had a different purpose. Whoever was put on that seat belt project should be working for someone else! I think that is really lame. Everything about getting them seat belts up and attached suck. I am a physically fit guy too.

I will give it a try tomorrow. Do they want the belts held in there all the time in some way? Is this in the manual? I missed it and I really will take a look at it. And yes, mine have a magnet as well.

Thanks guys! sometime I will put a riddle up again... hahaha
Russ

·
Registered
816 Posts
Mine works as designed. In fact, mine don't want to let go when I need into the back seat. Guess I got some great magnets! :yup:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Mine works as designed. In fact, mine don't want to let go when I need into the back seat. Guess I got some great magnets! :yup:
I must have got DUDS! LOL! Wonder if there is a TSB for this??? LOL!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think it keeps your seat belt from flying back when you un buckel it. Mine flew back so fast it scrached my door panel before I snapped the snap down.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The strap is supposed to keep the seat belt anchored to the bottom of the seat so you can reach DOWN and grab the seat belt....... Instead of reaching ALL THE WAY BACK..... Mine works fine....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it is supposed to keep the seatbelt closer to you so you dont have to reach all the way back. Mine works, but it doesnt seem to help much. It is still really far back. But it does help to guide the belt so that it doesnt get twisted up when you are trying to put it on. I took the magnet strap off of the seat belt and i had a heck of time trying to figure out which way the belt was supposed to be twisted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good God Poeple what a bunch of winers, I mean geez a little snap and a seatbelt and lets have a ***** fest!!!! What a Fun site , hey if you want a easier seatbelt you should have bought a camary!!!!!!!!! I Love my car so much I could care less how much I have to reach back.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Mine works fine. The first few times it didn't stay "locked", but I pushed it in harder one last time and it hasn't released since. I like it, and I LOVE THIS DAM CAR! :laughlitt

~Mo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts