Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I want to know........ I want a S/C and the Mrs. said YES........ so what should I get?? I want a street-able, reliable, no fuss Super charger.... any help??

·
Registered
897 Posts
mustangbaxter said:
OK I want to know........ I want a S/C and the Mrs. said YES........ so what should I get?? I want a street-able, reliable, no fuss Super charger.... any help??
My choice would be the Kenne Bell. Boost-A-Pump keeps fuel supply in check for proper A/F ratio. Twin Screw 90% efficiency VS. 70% for centrifugal. 2.4L to be able to make as much power as you need.

My other choice would be the Saleen which has alll the same attributes as the Kenne Bell with the advantage of inverse mounting allowing for longer intake runners. Add a Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, an extended range MAF, and a custom tune and you may just have the perfect system.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Pro-Charger gets my vote.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I follow the Lightning forumsalot, the Kenne Belle andthe Whipple are the fav's there...

I'd go with the saleen b/c it's a twin screw....like the KB

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think you should research what type of s/c there are then find out which one you want... What are you looking to get out of it and all!!! I like mine cause it doesn't produce any boost on normal driving conditions which means no extra wear on the engine, The twin screws can produce max boost at very low RPMS and put a load on your engine but they are more efficent. So research what you want out of the s/c and how they work. I do love my procharger!!!! Racing cars are boring cause nothing hangs.... I only race crotch rockets now.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
What 2K said... I went Vortech since I love the late delivery in addition to the benefit of longlivity of your stock motor and drivetrain...

·
Registered
897 Posts
kj_cinci said:
What 2K said... I went Vortech since I love the late delivery in addition to the benefit of longlivity of your stock motor and drivetrain...
WHo said anything about a stock motor :tongue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts