Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok, I went through this afternoon to start re-looking over everything. Luckily, before I had to start taking off the tires and everything I decided to check the master cylinder for air so I unplugged the lines and sealed off the holes and pressed the brakes and the pedal was hard as a brick (I'm guessing that means the seals are good.) So i started process of elimination.

The master cylinder has the two lines coming off that go to the valve which distributes to all four wheels. The front line goes to the rear brakes and the back line runs to the front. So what i did was i kept the back hole plugged and hooked the line up for the rear brakes, pressed the pedal, and to the floor. So i did it the opposite way, plugged off the front port for the rear wheels, and hooked up the line for the front wheels. pressed the pedal and it was a brick. strong pressure.

So I'm wondering does that mean that i have front brakes? And if I hook up the line for the rear brakes would i still end up with no pedal? Is what i did helping me in any way or am i just wasting time?

On a side note there was bubbles coming from the front where the rear line hooks up but not the back, does it run completely separate? (front and rear.) I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks everyone. I feel like I'm getting closer to finding this mess out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I HAVE FIXED MY CAR! Finally I am so happy and I feel like an idiot for all i did to it and found out it was something simple. I spent 350$ on all these unnecessary things and I found out my brake adjuster on the rear driver side was broken. It would open up and hold the brakes, but when I hit the brakes it collapses all over again. So i found out i needed a simple 8 dollar brake adjuster. It's a bitter sweet feeling. but I'm just so glad its on the road again.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I HAVE FIXED MY CAR! Finally I am so happy and I feel like an idiot for all i did to it and found out it was something simple. I spent 350$ on all these unnecessary things and I found out my brake adjuster on the rear driver side was broken. It would open up and hold the brakes, but when I hit the brakes it collapses all over again. So i found out i needed a simple 8 dollar brake adjuster. It's a bitter sweet feeling. but I'm just so glad its on the road again.
Congratulations dude; we've all been there (spending a ton of time and effort only to find out it was something simple we overlooked). Sometimes we learn things the hard way!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
its always simple after you figure it out right. lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I know I was beating my head against the wall once I found out the problem. I'm just so excited to be on the road again, plus my brakes feel like i just bought the car off of the assembly line. :bigthumbsup

21 - 26 of 26 Posts