Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to pay somebody for stripes i was wondering how difficult is it to take off stripes what do you need? Also if i was to order from baltimoresteetmods how difficult is it to put stripes on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
taking them off is probably the most annoying part. just pick a point to start and pull the old one off. when i removed one, the area that was in the sun seemed to come off easier than the area in shadow. if there is residue you can use a bug and tar remover but i used goo gone and it worked better. to put the new ones on its not that difficult ive done it twice and ppl ask me where i go to get them done. lol. Good luck :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
sun works but use a hair dryer to heat the stripe as u go cuz it heats up the sticky part and helps it peel off. but peel it off slowly cuz other wise ull spend a long time taking them off cuz they'll come off in chunks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Stripes

As for installing stripes I highly recommend a heat gun for warming up the tape to better fit over curves, bends, etc. As you are placing the stripe in its spot gently use the heat gun to get the tape supple otherwise you'll never get the stripes to fit like they're supposed to. While the stripe companies have "pre-cut" stripes you still have to get them to fit at the tip of the hood, over bumpers, spoilers, etc. and get minor wrinkles out. Be careful because the heat can get too hot and melt the tape.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Don't forget to clean the area really good with alcohol and a couple drops of dish soap in a spray bottle and wet the area you are applying them to and squeegee them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.