Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new GT a few weeks ago and really like the white door stripes I see on the V6 Pony package. Are there any GT door stripe options out there? It looks like the only GT stripes are the ones on the hood. Seems like if I put the lower door stripes on my GT it would look like a V6??

Love some suggestions...
Joe

·
Registered
708 Posts
Personally everytime I see the lower door stripes I think V6 immediately. Course that never stops me from also checking the cars side emblems. I say if you like them then get them and to hell with what we think.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm with :thumbup. I see door stripes I think V6. Next thing is wheels, followed by exhaust, and then badges. It's a GT prejudice (sorry to all V6'ers but we've all got to discriminate somehow). Nothing wrong with owning a V6. They're cheaper, get better mileage, plenty of HP. It's just that I bought a GT and I wouldn't do something to it to confuse the issue. But like :thumbup says it's your ride.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure you're right - I shouldn't care what other people think! Still... I was hoping there was a striping option with GT's - at least from year's past. That way I could have my cake and eat it too! :)
Tough decision!
Joe

Vandil said:
Personally everytime I see the lower door stripes I think V6 immediately. Course that never stops me from also checking the cars side emblems. I say if you like them then get them and to hell with what we think.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have'nt seen any factory options for side GT stripes.......here's a link to the stripe painter....http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustang/stripePainter.html

I would just go with what you want, most fanatics(like me) will look close enough to determine what they are looking at.:)

·
Registered
599 Posts
In years past there is the GT-350 and gt-500, and possibly others. So there is historical options. Just not 05/06 factory options.

Good Luck:thumbsup

·
Registered
273 Posts
Try Graphic Express. Lots of stripes for the 05/06 models. You'll have to put them on yourself....but thats a piece of cake.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys! Great info here.
This is WAAAAAAAY too much fun!

Joe

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have side stripes - G.T.350 - Most non-enthusiust people think that means I have more power or an upgrade from the "regular" Mustang GT! I only think V6 if the side stripes have the word "Mustang" in them. If you look at the Shelby versions, they have side stripes with various numbers and letters.

Here's a couple of pics, one before and one after. See what you think and do what you want!

PS. I also want to get the "LeMans" stripes over the top, but my wife thinks I'll get a ticket as soon as I pull out of the complex! The town police station is just down the street. Drag!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is one other idea you might consider. The Ford Racing performance parts web site has stripe kits that match the design on the Mustang FR500C race car. They come in either blue or black. I think these look nice. I have a Performance White GT and I am considering getting the blue ones.

Just something else to consider. Have fun..
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8617

·
Registered
454 Posts
barlan said:
Here is one other idea you might consider. The Ford Racing performance parts web site has stripe kits that match the design on the Mustang FR500C race car. They come in either blue or black. I think these look nice. I have a Performance White GT and I am considering getting the blue ones.

Those are vinyl shelby type stripes. I would think you could do better than the price they're showing. It's still just 3M tape right? I had mine painted for $650 total.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More excellent ideas... I REALLY like the GT 350 idea!

Superb!

Joe

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
barlan said:

here's mine ...all paint....$650 is a deal ! $900 is what we charge to paint them...I wouldnt do it for a dime less. hard enough to make any money on them at this price.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sharp looking car MickMach! When I got my GT I was torn between getting Performance White and putting on dark blue stripes, or getting Vista Blue and putting on white stripes. I ended up getting the Vista Blue with white stripes but yours looks sharp. By the way, did you swap out the GT emblems on the side with the tribar pony logo?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I paid 1,750 for all stripes and three coats of clear on the whole car. The clear is phenomenal.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
FordFreak said:
Sharp looking car MickMach! When I got my GT I was torn between getting Performance White and putting on dark blue stripes, or getting Vista Blue and putting on white stripes. I ended up getting the Vista Blue with white stripes but yours looks sharp. By the way, did you swap out the GT emblems on the side with the tribar pony logo?
thanks! same here...Vista Blue or Performance white..LOL yep .....I thought with the GT 300 rocker stripes...the GT fender emblems was a bit to much that close together. I also changed the rear "gas cap" to the tri bar pony. My tri bar fender emblems are off the 04 Mach 1s....a bit smaller than the 06 pony package cars.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
J&D said:
I paid 1,750 for all stripes and three coats of clear on the whole car. The clear is phenomenal.
very nice! A buddy of mine has the windvail blue...he cant decied on what color stripes.... silver bud ...silver :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
MickMach said:
thanks! same here...Vista Blue or Performance white..LOL yep .....I thought with the GT 300 rocker stripes...the GT fender emblems was a bit to much that close together. I also changed the rear "gas cap" to the tri bar pony. My tri bar fender emblems are off the 04 Mach 1s....a bit smaller than the 06 pony package cars.
That's funny, I had the exact same thought about swapping the fender and rear trunk emblems. I really like the tribar pony emblems on the V6's better than the those on the GT. However it is nice when people come up to the car, notice the GT emblem, and say "That's a Mustang GT, that's awesome!".

·
Registered
419 Posts
side stripes

I highly recommend Bob White Decals (www.bobwhitedecals.com) for the side stripes. They have a variety of different styles, colors and accessories. Plus the prices for the stripes are the cheapest I've seen anywhere. As for the Shelby (i.e. Lemans) racing stripes I would go with painted instead of decals.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.