Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fixing up a 67 coupe for my son. He has always insisted he wants 2 stripes going through the middle of the car. I was going to paint them but chickened out after spraying the car red. Anyway, I saw a brand new 05 the other day and noticed the stripes were stuck on, not painted on. Is this common? When I look at the stripe kits at my Mustang parts place they all seem to be for the side. Can I just buy a roll of stripe material somewhere and stick it on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sure you can stick adhesive stripes over the car - I've certainly seen a number of stripes like you describe. I know the stripes on the side of my '72 mach 1 are stuck on whilst the bonnet is painted using a template, but that's probably because it's such a large area with quite tight countours.

The only problem I could see is if your hood get's really hot it could cause the adhesive to fail, but some insulation under the hood would prevent this.

Try Graphics Express on the web for stripes, they sell kits for cars as well as 3M stripes 'off the roll'.

cheers.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the ones at the dealership are vynl graphics. Maybe you could go down there and ask if they can put some on your car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.