Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for pictures of a 99-04 with a hood scoop with racing stripes. Thinking about going with black stripes on my Satin Silver with black FR-500 rims. Thoughts?? I was just curious as to how the lines on me 02 hood would come into play when applying stripes.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The single stripe looks good! Was thinking about side by side 8" or 9" stripes but the hood concerns me right in front of the scoop with the lines that curve inward. You think that will affect the application? Were your stripes hard to get straight?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I bought the car with the stripe on it.... But who ever did it didnt do the best job ever, i am currently restriping the thicker stripe not the pins, those are fine.... the big one has all sorta of creases and bubbles. i re did the trunk lid and the spoiler and that wasnt to bad.. going to the evil roof now. The hood and bumpers are all fine.

Just use soapy water in a spray bottle so you can slide the decal around then squegy it out. make sure its not bubbly or off center lol otherwise ...

p.s. when doing the car start with roof, then do hood and trunk because you need to go by roof otherwise your stripe will zig zag.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Hmmmm.....Le Mans stripes....... :hihi:

·
Registered
230 Posts
You might try the standard mach1 hood stripe as well...

·
Registered
475 Posts
indeed, i think if it looks smooth, keep it that way, i dont know why people add them gay half horse on the side of the car, it just brings the appeal down. if u want to do soemthing like that buy a honda or some other fps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.