Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks,

recently i bought my 03 v6, the factory mach 6 cd system is not ejecting the cds that r inside it at any cost. I read a lot on forums about these and finally decided to take the head unit out myself and see whts wrong in it may be this weekend.

I don't wanna a spend a penny ryt now on the car, and planning to atleast take the cds out of that juke box.

Well the radio just works fine and so I am scared if trying to open it may make it useless.

I never have opened one of these Mach 460. So any suggestions are welcome.

thnx..

·
Registered
457 Posts
Word of warning to you! I bought my Wife a '03 with the Mach and same sanario. Radio worked fine, just wouldn't take or eject cd's. I pulled the unit and used tweezers to remove the jamed cd's. I put the unit back in (I didn't mess with any of the wiring) and now I'm having all kinda problems. The unit now will come on when you push the eject button or turn the headlights on. When it does come on, it will play fine for about 30 seconds and then shut off and the lights illumination lights will flash. I'm looking at replacing it with something from Crutchfield. I recommend that you don't remove it and just deal with the radio until you find a aftermarket one that you wanna install. Trust me, I've been dealing with this issue for around 3 months and it's a pain in the a$$!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts