• Nothing

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight so as the title shows Im trying to decide what to do but I need some help from you guys. I am trying to decide if i should stroke it to a 4.2, rebuild the engine, or just do nothing to it.

Obviously rebuilding it is going to cost more than just stroking it, and whether it will pay off to rebuild it is debatable too. My car as 140K on it right now, and the most I will be putting on it will be 60-80K before i purchase a newer car. Is it worth it to rebuild it or stroke it, or should i just be saving my money?

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
If it is running fine then leave it be. You don't seem to have any real plans for the car so spending thousands on it "just because" makes no sense.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So.. if your car runs, why do anything to it?

It shouldn't need a rebuild or anything within 80k more miles if you take good care of it. I mean, my dad has a car with 350k, granted it's not a mustang, but he took good care of it n it still runs.

You shouldn't need a rebuild at all at 140k, so just save your money man. It's just not worth it for 80k miles, to rebuild an engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car does run fine, I have had no problem with the engine thus far.

The only thing im planning to do with this car is to get dual exhaust, CAI kit, and a new throttle body. I'm trying to go with a few bolt on parts that won't break the bank too bad. Would it even be worth it to get a 4.2 stroke kit?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Like the others have said, if there is no plans to keep the car, then why throw money at it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To make it a little better while I have it? I mean i'm gonna have it for another 6-8 years, I could put a little into it but not maybe as much as a stroke kit or rebuilding it.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
You made it sound as if you were getting a new car much sooner......

Regardless of when you get the new car. There are other places I would spend the money first. I would only rebuild the motor if its necessary due to it being worn out or broken, 140K miles is not that much.

I am unaware of what the current mods the car has on it, but I would say for the money and what you will feel the most, I would swap the gears and have someone burn a 91 octane tune for it.

Those 2 things are worth the most on a stock V6. If you want more, then you have to dive into heads, cam, blower/turbo, etc. none of which are cheap by any means.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts