Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, fellas I know that this question is a tuff one, but what I have to start with is a DSS Racing stroker kit and a mustang block bored 30 over. I want to be at about 400 hp but the car will be driven dailey. I am on a pretty strict budget so real expensive stuff is out of the question. So my question is what cam, heads, intake, injectors and so on do I go with. Please give me your thoughts.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
347 stroker would need something like TFS190 heads or AFR205's. There isnt much special about a DSS block so you wasted money there. Comp will recommend the right cam when you have everything else. 30# inj, and a TFS R intake or better.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well I had a bad experience with Eagle and they didn't back up their product so I say Scat. They sent me a crank with an undersized crankshaft flange (rear part of the crank) and I had a rear main leak I couldn't figure out for weeks.

Now OP what parts do you have now on your mustang that might be able to be swapped over. I also know that they might not be the best parts but at least they will work.

And if you already have the stroker kit then why are you asking if Eagle or Scat is better?

Well your going to need a stock block and have it checked out and machined. So start saving till you at least have some sort of bank roll.

And what JMerins said is true. More info is needed and this has been discussed to death here :deadhorse:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts