Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TREperformance.com - Ford 347 Performance Short Blocks

Anyone purchase a shortblock from this company or know someone that did? I am thinking about buying a 347 for a small kenne bell supercharger around 12 lbs. and am looking for opinions.

I read posts by people saying to stay away from Eagle Stroker Kits (not sure if that is still current since most the posts were from 2006) I read posts by people praising SCAT and CHP. I'm not sure If I have read anything about this company before.

Thanks in Advance

Aaron

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know the price is enticing but you get what you pay for. If your planning on supercharing this motor a safer way to go would be to build yourself a 331 or 347 kit with SCAT or CHP internals they make the best stuff. That way you know exactly what you got and that it is put together right. Eagle kits are good to but there stuff is cast and machined in china so the quality is not always the best.

·
Banned
96 Posts
FordStrokers.com 331-347-393-408-418-427 stroker kits and ford parts.

Jim does only top notch work. You do get what you pay for, but because of how Jim is setup for Fords only.... you will get 'a little more' when purchasing from Jim.

You can buy the rotating assy and block ready for you to put together.
You can buy the complete long block (complete with custom cam and matching heads), ready to drop into the car.

Depends on what YOU want to do....

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Get your stuff from ProPower and be done with it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you for the suggestions. All the sites look good, but also look somewhat the same. I guess what information I have been looking for and it may not exist is "What makes this shop better then the other?" I have yet to be suspicious of any of the stroker kits I have seen, but then again I am a novice and don't even know anyone who has a stroker to ask them.

Reggie and Brutal do you have Pro Power stroker kits? and what makes them stand out above the rest in your opinion?

Vristang that site looks very nice, I am assuming that you either have used Ford Strokers before or know them well since you refer to him by name.

Anyone else have a company that they recommend and why? or more importantly a company to say away from, also why.

Thanks

Aaron.

Ps it is going to be at least July when I buy one since I am taking a month off work and going on vacation so I will probably become quite bothersome with the questions.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
i was looking at the 347 racing dished set from pro power to run a blower on with either a dart or boss block but the fact the WI man o war blocks are a full 4 bolt main is nice the boss is only partially 4 bolt mains. should handle what ever i throw at it up to a 250-300 shot :gringreen

G

·
propower prices are quite low....what is the quality like?
i have would imagine the prices are based on lower over head

ProPower in comparison to Scat or Eagle is a small company based out of Ft Lauderdale Fl.

With regard to the quality the last three motor i have built have ProPower stroker kits

Two are still running running (347) The 331 expired this past winter do to a stock block and a big shot of spray

but the rotating was not damaged

Reggie and Brutal do you have Pro Power stroker kits? and what makes them stand out above the rest in your opinion?

*****See Above*****

Vristang that site looks very nice, I am assuming that you either have used Ford Strokers before or know them well since you refer to him by name.

Ford Strokers has a great reputation regarding the quality of their motors not to mention great price in fact the owner is a member of this site.....
i was looking at the 347 racing dished set from pro power to run a blower on with either a dart or boss block but the fact the WI man o war blocks are a full 4 bolt main is nice the boss is only partially 4 bolt mains. should handle what ever i throw at it up to a 250-300 shot :gringreen

OK the only block to own is a dart iron eagle.....

and i'm not telling you again .....:)

Only a 300 shot c'mon grow a pair......:laugh:
Thank you for listening........:to_cool:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Yeah when I did the Forged Rebuild on my SVT Cobra last year I got the Pistons,Rods,ARP Hardware,Rings,Bearings,Oil Pump,etc.. through ProPower, it's the parts source for us Florida Guys!

·
Registered
547 Posts
i just build a eagle 331 and i am very happy with the parts and how my engine runs

·
Banned
96 Posts
My PERSONAL experiences with Jim... (I won't go into the countless folks I have heard positive feedback from)
I needed a set of pistons, and decided to try getting them through Jim. Good price, and very personable on the phone. I got the pistons, and realized I had to change plans for CR/heads. I called Jim back, and before I could finish describing what I wanted, Jim had the pistons shipped to me overnight.
(ok, maybe a slight exaggeration, but I had them in my hands less than 48hrs later....)
Probe pistons for my 408w BTW....

That customer service is what won me over.

If you want a custom engine ready to drop into your car... you can't really go wrong with a FordStrokers engine with a Jay Allen valvetrain.
Or just buy the parts and put the 'junk' together yourself :bigthumbsup

That is the route I would take if I didn't already have all my parts....
But I'm starting to sound like an infomercial, so I'll stop here.

Good luck no matter what you decide,
jason

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you again for your comments. Looks like I can't go wrong either way. I will have to give them a call. There is no one around the Baton Rouge area that people really trust to do balancing. I spoke to a few people that have drag cars.

It will probably come down to who will accept my flexplate for a balancing. I will probably buy a new balancer since my existing one is rusty. No point in having all shiney new stuff then a rusty balancer.

Here's another question. Where within a reasonable drive can I get a custom dyno tune? The closest shops I have heard of are either in Houston Tx or Atlanta Ga. Houston is a little closer.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
ok ok Reg. dart block it is then and a 400 shoot with 10-12 psi on the KB think i can keep the front end on the ground???:gringreen

·
Registered
5,414 Posts

Thank you again for your comments. Looks like I can't go wrong either way. I will have to give them a call. There is no one around the Baton Rouge area that people really trust to do balancing. I spoke to a few people that have drag cars.

Here's another question. Where within a reasonable drive can I get a custom dyno tune? The closest shops I have heard of are either in Houston Tx or Atlanta Ga. Houston is a little closer.
Don't put the carriage before the horse bro, get your parts,build the motor, get the car all set up then worry about the Dyno Tune!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Don't put the carriage before the horse bro, get your parts,build the motor, get the car all set up then worry about the Dyno Tune!

Not worried about a tune right now there is no motor in my car or transmission. That is for afterwards.

As far as the Baton Rouge area the only place I know that sells performance parts is called the Engine Warehouse. I'm not sure if they do balancing or not there. I was going off the few people I know that built drag cars.

I have a few months to decide if I am just going to buy a short block or assemble one.

G

·
ok ok Reg. dart block it is then and a 400 shoot with 10-12 psi on the KB think i can keep the front end on the ground???:gringreen

Keeping the front end ground can be done as soon as i figure out how to do it i will let you know......:gringreen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.