Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a stock 1996 V6 5spd with about 170,000 miles (ya i know:sosad: ) and I plan on SC it with at least 11psi. but before I go and do that I wanted to know how I can make my engine handle that? And I dont really want to swap my engine, even though it has so many miles on it. What do you guys think of the power packs and forged intrnls that supersix motorsports offers? Help!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
socal18 said:
Hey guys, i have a stock 1996 V6 5spd with about 170,000 miles (ya i know:sosad: ) and I plan on SC it with at least 11psi. but before I go and do that I wanted to know how I can make my engine handle that? And I dont really want to swap my engine, even though it has so many miles on it. What do you guys think of the power packs and forged intrnls that supersix motorsports offers? Help!
I wouldn't do it.

you need a rebuild or swap before SC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, what if I go with the forged intrnls. Then run a SC at about 4-6 psi until I save for the engine swap?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
socal18 said:
ok, what if I go with the forged intrnls. Then run a SC at about 4-6 psi until I save for the engine swap?
Then you've basically rebuilt the engine already. An engine swap would be cheaper.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
socal18 said:
how much would it cost for an engine swap?
depends on how much you do yourself, but a 99+ donor engine goes for around $400 with low miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.