Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Question, I am looking at putting a plenum cover on my V6 as well as a strut tower brace. Which strut bars clear a plenum cover on a V6. Also, do the GT strut bars which clear V8's with covers work for the V6? Any suggestions on a good bar or one that is not terribly expensive? :headscratch:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Yes the strut bar will clear the cover, and I personally think the covers look awesome, especially with a 4.0 high performance emblem attached to it. The gt strut bar should also work, the struts are in the same location on both cars. Check around a few sites or even look in the classified section, Im sure you will find a reasonably priced set.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the Roush

I have the Roush strut brace, it has the billet alum strut covers, they look nice. I have a plenum cover 4 sale if any R interested, its primed and ready to paint

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Just a heads up, the site rules prohibit discussing sales in the forums. And having to paint a cover, never heard of that, learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just to add a thought. V6 cars have a taller intake cover so the V8 bars interfere. V6 bars will work with V8 cars. Not a big issue. Mine came from Ford Racing and looks sweet!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the Steeda double strut bar on my V6. Looks great but it could not be used with a cover. It barely covers now without one. It is also snug at the top insualtion on the hood. I'll try to get a picture.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the Steeda double strut bar on my V6. Looks great but it could not be used with a cover. It barely covers now without one. It is also snug at the top insualtion on the hood. I'll try to get a picture.
See four angles of Steeda strut bar over plenum. Very tight fit.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.