Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a local gentleman selling a set of Race Star Wheels with Mickey Thompson tires all the way around. They have 98% tread on the tire itself. I am pretty sure he drove it around for a couple days and figured it was to much or did once pass with the radials. He had them on his Roush but did not like them i assume. The information is as listed.

Price is $1100
2 15x3.75" race star drag star wheels
2 15x10 race star drag star wheels
2 26x6.0/r15 tires for the front
2 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson Drag radials Rear
Overall rear diameter is 28"
Overall front diameter is 11"
20 Shank lugs
20 washers
4 hub centric rings
4 chrome valve stems

Now with all this said, for one what is a shank lug?

I assume the washers are spacers since these tires are to wide for the rear and not wide enough to be flush with the front(correct me if i am wrong)

and what is the hub centric ring for? I am used to acorn style rims being i have only owned 1996 and older trucks such as lightnings and larger f350 70's trucks. This is my first car. It is a 2013 v6 mustang.

All in all I would just like guidance and assurance these will fit before i trade/ and or purchase them.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also how many miles could I get on the radials if i just run a couple times a week without a warm up, just meaning I drive to a local street meet and run a couple of cars here and there of course legally ;) by accelerating at a faster than normal rate to the proper speed to avoid traffic complications or other infractions and disrupting the flow of traffic.

G

·
0 Posts
Wheels that fit a 2005 will fit all following years fine assuming you don't have Brembo brakes.

Race Star Mustang Wheel Uni Lug Nut Kit - 20 Lugs (94-13 All) 601-1416-20 - Free Shipping!

Here are the offset washers and shank style lug nuts. The Racestars did not initially sell with direct drill(recently available) wheel stud bores and had a generic lug bolt pattern. The washers were designed to fit most applications. The hubcentric rings center the wheels on the axles.

Your rear tire choice, 325/50/15 will not fit without cutting the bump stop perch off the body in the wheelwell.

BTW, your overall front diameter is 26", not 11".

26x6.0/r15 tires for the front

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was a typo, was a late night post for the 11".

So should i purchase a new set that are a direct fit? and see if he will sell tires? Are these rims going to have movement?

G

·
0 Posts
I missed the part where this is for a V6. With the greatest respect there is no need for a bigs&littles setup for your car, especially the 325 rear tires. Your best bet would be some 17" factory wheels with 275/40/17 ET street radials. Far easier to drive to the strip and plenty of stick for your power level.

If you are adding sticky tires then a driveshaft upgrade should also be in order.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think 15" wheels fit these cars without relocating the sway bar as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts