Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
He is correct. The SCT tuner comes pre-loaded with 3 tunes. If it comes from SCT it will have 87,91,93 octane tunes. If you get a CAI and tune package from someone like Brenspeed, then you can get different versions of the same octane tune. Like a Race 93 and a performance 93 tune, and then an 87 performance tune. The tuner comes with 3 slots, so the tuner will fill them with what you request if going with a custom tune.

SCT tune vs the dyno tune, the dyno tune will more than likely be a better and more powerful tune, but like you said, make sure you trust the guy and he is well known to give good work. I know dozens of guys on here that will give a plug for Doug over at Bamachips for his excellent tunes.

either will work, its just what you decide really.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
i think i paid like $329 for my GTA's. but i love them wayyy too much to complain :D

and don't fret fuzzy. i am going to have a shop install my CAI and tune. I don't have any tools at all and its just a mental thing with me. But hey, maybe i will change my tune cause heck, i changed my oil. First thing i have ever really done to a car aside from stick things on it, clean it, and of course, install my CDC sequentials (hinthint, get them!!!) lol

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
You can install a basic screw driver set from black and decker.10.00
But i heard there was some torx bit or something special that you needed as well. And you have to transfer the MAF sensor. I don't even know if that towards the airbox or the manifold....:headscratch:

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Yesssssssss....just got back from the preformance shop and everything is officially ordered:

C&L Intake, SCT Xcal3 and the FRPP GTA's.

POOF....there goes another thousand dollars....lol.

And didn't I say, along with not detailing my own car, that I probably wouldn't do a lot of mods ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....
I was entertaining the idea of using my tax refund and economic stimulus check which amount to over $1,000 to get a C&L and SCT3 however.....

My tv just decided to die on me. And now that the singal is going to change in 2009, you have to change to LCD anyway(though you can get a converter box but i bet they will make them so bad that you are forced to go buy an LCD just so you don't have to use that box lol) so i might as well get a LCD, because you can't find a tune tv anyway.

So yea, i just priced one out and it looks like about 700 and change grand total. So there goes my refunds:so

Maybe next year i can get some go fast goodies. Right now i'll stick to the small stuff. i just got GT500 pedals on my mustang today. And i thin 1/2 mirror covers are next on my list. I'll do the small now and big stuff later :D

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
congrats on the new mods, when you are installing the cai take two minutes two clean your throttle bodypast the butterfly, I, as well as others, had idle problems after installing the CAI..take a TB cleaner and a rag and wipe it all clean-including the back side of the butterflies, made a huge difference on my car and solved my stalling probs, car ran fine with stock air box but would stall off idle after the CAI was installed, saves taking it back apart after
do you think that is something that the mechanic will do automatically when he is installing the CAI or would you have to ask him?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.