Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've done every single mod myself, having no previous knowledge of cars... definitely gives you more sense of ownership. If you dont have the means (sounds like you dont), then by all means pay somebody to do it for you. Looks like you're going to be by the mechanic's side while doing the install, so I would highly recommend watching his every move so you can learn as much as possible about your car. Oh, and btw, everybody is correct thus far; installing the CAI and tune is easy!

G

·
Fuzzy - there are guys that do and guys that don't...;):D I understand...

When should we expect pics and reviews of the install?

·
Registered
277 Posts
congrats on the new mods, when you are installing the cai take two minutes two clean your throttle bodypast the butterfly, I, as well as others, had idle problems after installing the CAI..take a TB cleaner and a rag and wipe it all clean-including the back side of the butterflies, made a huge difference on my car and solved my stalling probs, car ran fine with stock air box but would stall off idle after the CAI was installed, saves taking it back apart after

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
That is great news ,congradulations.Your gonna love the new mods.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12,633 Posts
congrats on the new mods, when you are installing the cai take two minutes two clean your throttle bodypast the butterfly, I, as well as others, had idle problems after installing the CAI..take a TB cleaner and a rag and wipe it all clean-including the back side of the butterflies, made a huge difference on my car and solved my stalling probs, car ran fine with stock air box but would stall off idle after the CAI was installed, saves taking it back apart after
do you think that is something that the mechanic will do automatically when he is installing the CAI or would you have to ask him?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.