Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And they rde a on a pretty high horse, eh? Mustang is crap this, Mustang cheats by that, Mustang shoulda this, Mustang can't do that...what the hell! It's like every GM forum is more of a Blue Oval Bashing party than them actually talking GM Tech and Talk. And the funny thing is, I really don't have anything against the Camaro other than A. it's just not me, and B. the interior wasn't quite well thought out for a person of my size (5' 8", athletic build, I have a hard time with the driving position). Otherwise, I don't think it's a BAD car. Ok, so the interior is kinda crap'ish, but isn't ours too? :nono:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
how does the mustang cheat? its a smaller motor and we are cheating? ill put my 281ci on the new ss anyday down the 1/4.

·
Banned
1,507 Posts
"Crap'ish"? Well . . ... that's determined by taste, but IMO not by comparison! I could do without less hard plastic, but other than that it's ok with me.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
They are mad because their car looks like a cartoon character and they cant deal with it :gringreen:gringreen

Attachments

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
And they rde a on a pretty high horse, eh? Mustang is crap this, Mustang cheats by that, Mustang shoulda this, Mustang can't do that...what the hell! It's like every GM forum is more of a Blue Oval Bashing party than them actually talking GM Tech and Talk. And the funny thing is, I really don't have anything against the Camaro other than A. it's just not me, and B. the interior wasn't quite well thought out for a person of my size (5' 8", athletic build, I have a hard time with the driving position). Otherwise, I don't think it's a BAD car. Ok, so the interior is kinda crap'ish, but isn't ours too? :nono:
Hmmmm, lotsa Blue Oval Bashing? Are you sure you actually left allfordmustangs 2011+ forum? :laugh:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hmmmm, lotsa Blue Oval Bashing? Are you sure you actually left allfordmustangs 2011+ forum? :laugh:
lol, good point.

I'm not a brand loyalist at all, but I am very competitive so now I can't wait to run into a new camaro ;) Guarantee there is lots of cocky camaro guys around here who don't even know the difference between my car and a 2005 V6 and will just assume they are gonna roadrape me because they saw the movie transformers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
ar. Ok, so the interior is kinda crap'ish, but isn't ours too? :nono:
Not really, no. Ours is not luxurious, but the camaro's seems time-machined from 1986. Don't get me wrong, I'm not an ideological camaro-basher myself, but I really think they messed the car up with the interior and the blind spots.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Coming from the Otherside as I am (20 year F-body owner) I see and hear more bashing from them then I do from the Mustang crowd. In the past I have done my share of Mustang bashing, but I have been around long enough to know that a car is just a car and it's arrogant owner is always the one that gives that car a bad name. Smack talk is just another way of displaying the passion for your ride but that doesn't mean it's right or wrong. Attention is better spent appreciating the work and money involved in each others cars rather then bashing them because we don't like their Brand. This goes for Imports aswell.
Bottom line, we all share a common interest and it's better to celebrate that. But remember there is nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.:cooldude:

·
Registered
519 Posts
12blackgt and Rick R - What I got from the original poster was sarcasm when he said "isn't ours?"...because of the finger waiving no. Our interiors are Not Audi or Jaguar level, but they are quite nice for the price point, especially at night with the ambience lighting! The camaro interior is just....BAD.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I saw the 2012 Camaro interior at the Minneapolis car show and much preferred it to the Mustang interior at the same show.

But my love of interior will always go to this guy:

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
Well I will most certainly take the Mustang's interior over the Camaro's ANY day, believe me. It's certainly nothing to write home to but I'm just trying to level. But yes, very valid points.

Fair dice haha!

I hang out on Camaro5 and will admit there's a few a-holes over there. There's also a few a-holes over here. The Camaro guys do love their cars.

Well they should. I'm sure they worked hard for their rides. I'd rather take a Camaro owner who takes pride in what's his or hers over a Mustang owner who doesn't give two shytes any day. I've just never seen so many threads specifically about how much the competitors blow the Johnsonville Bratwurst.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
At least GM was smart enough to give the auto paddle shifters.

Granted, it did cost tax payers billions...:shigrin
and an inferior/less powerful engine than the SS. at least our automatics get the same exact motor.

·
Registered
169 Posts
and an inferior/less powerful engine than the SS. at least our automatics get the same exact motor.
Don't forget Auto Mustangs can't get Brembos :( And it is easier to change 1 Cam in the GM than to basically engineer the paddle shifters/changs to the transmission for the Ford.

I really wanted an auto 5.0 with Brembos and paddle shifters. Ford really wanted me to order a manual though it seems. :grinroll:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Don't forget Auto Mustangs can't get Brembos :( And it is easier to change 1 Cam in the GM than to basically engineer the paddle shifters/changs to the transmission for the Ford.

I really wanted an auto 5.0 with Brembos and paddle shifters. Ford really wanted me to order a manual though it seems. :grinroll:
I'd rather have lesser brakes than a lesser engine. Brake upgrades are not that expensive and the stock mustang brakes are actually pretty good.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah, it's funny how many SS Camaros drivers don't know anything about the 5.0. I had this guy in a black SS punch it getting up on the fwy in front of me and I just downshifted and he never pulled away. I had to short shift 3-4 to keep from running him over. He pulled up and was completely surprised and said he's never had a 5.0 keep up with him.

In my experience it's not been close in 5 encounters on the track and street. I don't street race in traffic but have had several one on one empty road runs up to 90 and usually just start pulling the 10/11/12 SS at the top of each gear bad.

I had a 2000SS and used to toy with the mustangs like that, but know the tides have turned!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.