Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was washing my GT and found that a spot where some bird droppings was had left a stain in the finish that I can't seem to get rid of. It's on the new front quarter panel installed a few weeks ago. I believe the paint had cured enough to prevent this. I washed it, clay barred it, applied some paint cleaner, and then waxed but it's still there. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had a similar situation myself. I had a detailer work on it and he got most of it out with some rubbing compound and the buffing wheel. It's 95 % better. I'd say let a pro take a look.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Once you get it out... make sure you wash weekly and wax every 3 months, as consistently as possible. After your wax and between washes, you can always use Meguiar's quick detailing spray. It's cheaper when you buy it in this big pack- Amazon.com: Meguiar's Complete Car Care Kit: Automotive
Good luck getting it out, I had a record 6 birdshits in one night in front of my house... Solution- Park in front of my neighbors :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
You're going to have a tough time getting the etching out by hand with any product.

If you get access to a machine polisher, you'll have an easier time removing the etching. Bird droppings are extremely acidic. Over time, it burns through the clear coat and a type of abrasive polish is needed to level off the etching.

Give me a call if you'd like maybe we can discuss some options and get you something to level that off and bring the shine back. 877-2LETHAL ask for John :bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts