Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build a speaker box for my car that goes in the hatch area and basically just raises the floor, it would be just tall enough to set two 12's in. Then I would box in the recommended area for each sub and use the rest of the area to mount the amp or for storage. Then the subs would be facing straight upwards and I don't know how that would sound. I would then but the carpet on top of the box, my goal is to keep the hatch area looking stock. Has anyone ever done this? Or do you thing that it would work?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
it can work all you have to do is make your box to the speaker dimensions. after the box is complete dont carpet it. get some 1/4" plywood or partical board and make a false floor so to speak with the sub cut outs so that it fits over the box from side to side, at the dimensions you want to take up your trunk. Once that is done, screw or glue it to the speaker box, carpet the 1/4" board with whichever carpet you desire and enclose the speaker box with a top pice of the 1/4" and a front piece so it looks like one really big box, but it isnt, all it is is a box in a box so to speak.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats basically what i want to do build the boxes then make the floor over them and use the other space for storage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a raised false floor in my 93 5.0 LX housing 2 12" subs and an amp. I'll try and get a picture of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i'd like to see how you did it. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.