Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone know when installing subframe connectors on a FOX, do you remove the seat braket with the nutplates underneath the car? I purchased a set of weld-in style connectors. Also, does anyone know how much a shop should charge to install them? I got quoted 3 hours of labor for 280$. I think that's a bit high. ???? Thank..

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
seams a bit high.

they arent that complicated.

but what do i know about that car

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am not an expert but this is my experience

I have a 90 mustang gt with Kenny Brown subs that attach to the seat posts. The subs have the only bracket attached underneath the vehicle. Mine are also welded in.

That price seems high it should take less then an hour to install. Basically all you do is bolt it to the seat posts and weld them in. The suspension is suposed to be loaded when they are welded from what I have been told. So if they are not using a drive on rack I would look elsewhere.

Look for a muffler shop that does alignments. They are usually good welders and probably will do it for $50-$100.

I had my Cat back and subs installed at the same time for $150 but that was in 1997 or 98 it took about 1 hour.

Aaron

·
Registered
71 Posts
My suggestions: 1) Three hours is a bit much. This is an INCREDIBLY simple installation. I would try to negotiate from a $$$ perspective. E.g., "I think this job should cost me no more than $100 - or whatever you think is fair. 2) You absolutely, positively want the car pre-loaded and it must be done on a drive-on rack. Do not allow it to be done on a lift. 3) Make sure the welder actually welds several LONG CONTINUOUS beads and not just tack weld it in a couple places. Good luck and enjoy, you will notice a huge difference.

R

·
0 Posts
My suggestions: 1) Three hours is a bit much. This is an INCREDIBLY simple installation. I would try to negotiate from a $$$ perspective. E.g., "I think this job should cost me no more than $100 - or whatever you think is fair. 2) You absolutely, positively want the car pre-loaded and it must be done on a drive-on rack. Do not allow it to be done on a lift. 3) Make sure the welder actually welds several LONG CONTINUOUS beads and not just tack weld it in a couple places. Good luck and enjoy, you will notice a huge difference.

great advice & i agree 100%

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i put car of 4 jack stands ( load bearing on the axles ) and front tires on ramps. at the same height. the pouint is to weld them in where the stock ride height is.

i put some on for a boys 92.

took me an hour.. did it for $120.

not that hard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.