Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a 01 mustang gt and im looking for sub frame connectors. I was going to purchase the maximum motorsports ones but i stopped by la bree motorsports today and they have custom ones. La bree makes cylindrical sub frame connectors instead of rectangular ones. Which ones should i buy and why?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
russianstang said:
Hey guys, i have a 01 mustang gt and im looking for sub frame connectors. I was going to purchase the maximum motorsports ones but i stopped by la bree motorsports today and they have custom ones. La bree makes cylindrical sub frame connectors instead of rectangular ones. Which ones should i buy and why?
It's going to depend on your budget.

Griggs makes the best, probably, but it costs a ton to install, and you lose your power seat.

I personally like Kenny Brown's, specifically, they are scaleable -you can purchase the system in pieces and install as you have the time AND the support the seat area. Once in, they are nearly as rigid as Griggs's.

Scott Hoag uses 'em too, but KB's shop is closed. You'll hav eto do some hunting to find them . ..

As for the rest, Steeda has the seat braces like KB's, which will support the floor, and are cheaper.

make sure you spec the clearance, whether or not you want to use side exhaust, and the weight.

Some of the non-mainstream brands are seriously heavy. You should get 'em zinc coated as well . ..

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Having a set, as indicated by KS, that ties in the seat mounting bolts really helps to stiffen it up. Yes to the zinc coating and cleaning & covering any new welding w/paint and/or undercoating.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There are a lot of subframe connectors around. I've never heard a negative about MM products, although, I have about some others. I would lean towards Maximum Motorsports.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yes, Maximum is really good for the money. I've heard the KB ones are the best out there as well. I was seriously thinking of getting their subframe connectors, strut tower brace and shock tower brace for my ride.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
Yes, Maximum is really good for the money. I've heard the KB ones are the best out there as well. I was seriously thinking of getting their subframe connectors, strut tower brace and shock tower brace for my ride.
-- better look fast for someplace that has KB parts in stock; understand the shop is CLOSED.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yeah I know. I think I can 'make do' with Maximum parts. It's not like I do any competitive road courses on weekends or anything like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.