Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I am going to get a rockford fosgate 2 channel amp for the 5x7s...I cant hear them at all. Also the box isnt secured at all...it has stayed there so far.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes. I put it in today. The if you angle it right and push it...it will fit. I put new Rockford fosgate 5x7s in the rear deck also. It just doesnt hit like I thought it would. I tapped into the 5x7s in the rear deck...to be honest I cant even hear the rear deck speakers. I will snap a few shots of it tomorrow. I used the ZED corner box with a Rockford fosgate 12 p3 and a rockford fosgate P500.1 mono amp.
I have read in multiple places that the factory head unit filters out bass to the rears as volume increases ... supposedly the only right way is to connect at the factory door sub amp.

There is a tutorial on it somewhere ... have to find the link.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have read in multiple places that the factory head unit filters out bass to the rears as volume increases ... supposedly the only right way is to connect at the factory door sub amp.

There is a tutorial on it somewhere ... have to find the link.
You are correct sir. Get the signal that goes into the door sub amp. If you tap into the rear speakers then the low frequencies WILL be filtered out, and this is on top of a decrease in bass as the volume rises. Some people may not notice the loss of fidelity from the rear signal, but it is pretty obvious when listening to bass heavy tracks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That stinks!!! Can anyone point me in the right direction to run the wires to the back? I have the stock shaker system in my 13. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here's a little trick to hold your sub in place. I bought some strips of velcro that are probably 2.5-3 inches wide and cut pieces about 8 inches long. I then stuck together two pieces of the "hook" side of the velcro. So now you have a single 3x8 pice of velcro that is "hook" on both sides. Stick one or two of those on the bottom of your sub box (assuming it's carpeted). Then stick the box on the carpet that's already in the trunk. Works like a charm and you can pull it right out if you ever need to remove it.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I upgraded my base stereo with a 5 channel amp under the passenger seat, 4 new speakers, and an 8" sub in the trunk. Sounds terrific.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You are correct sir. Get the signal that goes into the door sub amp. If you tap into the rear speakers then the low frequencies WILL be filtered out, and this is on top of a decrease in bass as the volume rises. Some people may not notice the loss of fidelity from the rear signal, but it is pretty obvious when listening to bass heavy tracks.
Then I read this:

2012 Shaker 500: how do I add powered subwoofer? - MustangForums.com

This guy said he used some signal analyzer and the full range is definitely to the rears! What a PITA!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Joker is that sub box carpet dark grey or considered black ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Then I read this:

2012 Shaker 500: how do I add powered subwoofer? - MustangForums.com

This guy said he used some signal analyzer and the full range is definitely to the rears! What a PITA!
That guy is talking about speaker inputs to the subwoofer drivers, I am talking about the signal input to the door sub's amp. Tap into the signal input, that is full range and gives you a subwoofer worthy singal. The speaker level inputs the the rear speaker drivers is filtered, plain and simple.

I don't have the diagrams, but it was something like "AUD1" + amd -
I think there is a sticky thread where you can find the diagrams. If I have time later I'll find it again.

R

·
0 Posts
Honestly I'd unplug the kick panel subs if you have a sub in the trunk. In my '07 vert with a shaker 500 eventually the door subs caused way too much rattle and sounded like ****.

Can't comment on the build quality of the '11's and up, I'd probably still recommend unplugging the front subs.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I'd probably still recommend unplugging the front subs.
Agreed, the door isn't a good place for suboofers acoustically or mechanically. Their close proximity tends to produce an over modulated muddled tone, and sooner or later doors with subs start rattling. Subs belong in the trunk.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I finally finished my box. I made it as tall and as shallow possible. Each side is 1.2 cubic feet. I didn't go all the way to the left because there is a step on the trunk floor. The box sits between the step and the trunk's side on the right. Now if my other speaker would finally get here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
331 Posts
I picked up one of these, with an Alpine 12" r playing off a Alpine mono sub amp with 300 watts, sounds great, tapped off the rear speakers and used a Weather pak connector at the sub box so I can pull it in and out (a little tricky) when I go to the track to save some weight. Color matched well and for the money and free shipping it's a bargain.

TANG210P - Ford Mustang Speaker and Subwoofer Boxes and Enclosures

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.